• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

maintain?

Anyone eating to maintain? If so would you post a typical days cals? or days food so I can get some advice!

thanks!!!

.x.

Supposed to be maintaining but not doing well as I am still loosing!

oh dear! upping cals helped? How many cals do you think your getting a day?

.x.

i have one carb rich day where i have carbs with every meal and 2 days where i just have carbs with my evening meal. my weight goes between 8.12 and 9.12.
i have been estimated to have 1.5 stones of excess skin that once removed will give me a bmi of 22.5.

so you go up and down within a stone?

at the moment im stuck around 11 stone, with about 3 kilos of extra skin just on my tummy says my dr, not sure how much is on my legs and arms yet, so if just the extra belly skin were gone id have a mid rage bmi.

I only seem to go up and down the same 4lbs... 11 stone - 11 stone 4.

Admitidly i have been eating a lot of icecream, chocolate, carbs etc etc so im sure if i cut those out and tried to keep my cals up using protein id prolly start to loose again...

I need some help :( I dont seem able to turn away from those bad foods, which is odd as i never had a sweet tooth pre op, and i never had a problem with binge eating which i seem to :(

If anyone can offer any help or support is be so greatful.

.x.

oh dear! upping cals helped? How many cals do you think your getting a day?

.x.

I was advised to snack more and try having slimfast type drinks between meals. I have no idea as to how many cals I have as I have been discouraged from calorie counting. I have been told just to eat the quality high protein diet as others have with protein based snacks such as cheese/meat inbetween meals.

sounds like good advice, i hope it helps ya hun!
good luck with it, how are you getting on?

.x.

Will watch this with interest as I am hoping to maintain my weight now also.
Yesterday I ate: 1 piece of seed sensation toast with peanut butter, 150g blueberries, 5 strawberries, 2 egg omlette with onion and 2 tbs baked beans.
Fluids: water.

I eat anything I want.........

Now that doesnt mean I eat bad foods, but it does mean I eat a very varied diet....

Breakfasts Include.....

Cereal - Special K - Semi Skimmed Milk
Brown Toast with butter or cream cheese or peanut butter
Scrambled Eggs
Omlettes
Poached Eggs
Bacon and Sausage
Smoothies with Cottage Cheese and Mixed Berries
Protein Shakes
Yoghurts
Hummous and Oat Cakes

Lunches include.....

Soups
Sandwiches of Grilled Chicken, Steak, Cheese, Prawns and Mayo (Brown Bread with loads of Watercress n Spinach Salad)
Salads - Looooove Spinach and Watercress with Tuna

Teas include......

Fish - Loooooove ANY fish
Steak
Chicken
Pork
Liver
Pheasant
Venison
Spuds - Mashed, Roasted, Dauphenoise - occassionally chipped
Veg - Brocolli, Carrots, Suede, Parsnips, Sweetcorn, Onions, Cabbage, Courgettes

Sauces..... Ive found I can up my calories my putting a creamy sauce on my chicken, fish or steak. I love Hollaindaise Sauce with fish, white wine n cream sauce with chives on chicken and blue cheese or bernaise sauce on steak......

I avoid foods like burgers, kebabs, pizzas not because they are bad foods, but I have no interest or inclination to eat them, its amazing how my tastes have changed.....

I still eat crisps, probably 2 or 3 packets a week, wont do me any harm as long as it remains at that frequency.

:)

Forgot to add....

Drinks Include......

Coffee - Lots of it
Pure Orange Juice
Flavoured Sugar Free Water
SF Orange Squash
Grapefruit Juice
Green Tea
Wine
1 Beer a week

I love my diet! Its sooooo varied. If i want to have a Croissant for Breakfast, I have it! If i want to have pasta, I have it! But doing it this way and embracing what I am eating and enjoying it, means I dont want to abuse the food like I used to.....

I dont eat anything sweet - 1 because of the fear of dumping and 2 because I again, just never fancy it. I would rather eat more of a main meal and be full from that rather than save pouch space for a sugary pudding.... I do have the odd piece of Sugar Free Dark Chocolate from Thorntons if Amy buys it for me as a treat though.

Its all a learning curve and I am lucky I have learnt so much, still plenty to learn though.

:)

thanks mark!
I think it might be a good idea to start a thread for us that are further out and trying to maintain or just loose the odd lb.

Im struggling to hit a balance between not loosing, and gaining the odd lb... Id love to loose a couple more lbs, but i seem to just go up and down and cant figure out if its cos im eating too much or too little! lol

.x.

I fluctuate within 5 lbs, have a big eating and drinking day and im up, exercise alot and eat less calls, im down, makes perfect sense really lol

Dont want to get any skinnier really, just want to continue to build muscle :)

You have done so well mark, you must be very proud.

I go between 11 stone and today i weigh 11 stone 4.8 which is the most i have weighed in a while.

I have been eating aroun 1500 cals, as per advice from my dietician... which tbh, is sometimes a struggle.

Im getting married in 4 weeks, so id like to drop that 4lbs, so im going to do a liquid diet on monday and tues, then protien for the rest orf the week, to drop a wee bit, and see if maybe i have streched my pouch a little bit.

I have got into a few bad habbits i think, so need to sort mysef out.

Over all im dead happy, as i have gone from a size 24 down to a 12, but i do worry i havent lost all i should...

I'd like to get more into exersice, I'd love to start running, my brother is putting me to shame, he is running the marathon today, and i can't even managed a jog lol

.x.

It takes time hun, at one point I couldnt run at all, am now up to 6 miles. Training for the Great North Run in September which is 13.1 miles :)

Your size and weight loss is amazing and you should also be incredibly proud. Best of luck with the wedding and the rest of your loss and maintenance journey. xxxxx

so you go up and down within a stone?

at the moment im stuck around 11 stone, with about 3 kilos of extra skin just on my tummy says my dr, not sure how much is on my legs and arms yet, so if just the extra belly skin were gone id have a mid rage bmi.

I only seem to go up and down the same 4lbs... 11 stone - 11 stone 4.

Admitidly i have been eating a lot of icecream, chocolate, carbs etc etc so im sure if i cut those out and tried to keep my cals up using protein id prolly start to loose again...

I need some help :( I dont seem able to turn away from those bad foods, which is odd as i never had a sweet tooth pre op, and i never had a problem with binge eating which i seem to :(

If anyone can offer any help or support is be so greatful.

.x.

ooops sorry that should of read 8.12 and 9.2 no like you just 4lbs

lol i thought it sounded a bit off!

thank you mark

.x.

Back