• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

maintenance

I figure it is time i started making a note on here of what im eating now that im trying to hold a steady weight!

I'm hoping it will help other get an idea of what it takes to maintain.

Im not saying what works for me will work for others, but I just want a place where I can keep track of what I eat, and what effect if any it has on my weight, which i will update from time to time along with my daily nommage!

Hope others who are maintaining/starting to maintain/nearing maintenance/just have a few lbs to go etc etc will join in :)

.x.

May 13th

Breakfast; Starbucks cappuccino & 1/2 skinny blueberry muffin

Mid morning; Milky coffee x2

Lunch; 3 mini rolls from marks and sparks (only ate half of the bread from each roll) small salad. (couldnt finish all this so came back to it)

Afternoon snacks; 1 apple. 1 slice of burgen bread with 20g peanut butter and a drizzle of maple syrup

Dinner; 120g chicken breast with garlic, salad, 75g of tomato pasta and 15g cheese

Cals total so far: 1574

ps. my cal target daily is between 1500-1800 but higher if possible as per my dieticians advice, making sure to have starch with each meal.

Last edited:
May 13th

Breakfast; Starbucks cappuccino & 1/2 skinny blueberry muffin

Mid morning; Milky coffee x2

Lunch; 3 mini rolls from marks and sparks (only ate half of the bread from each roll) small salad. (couldnt finish all this so came back to it)

Afternoon snacks; 1 apple. 1 slice of burgen bread with 20g peanut butter and a drizzle of maple syrup

Dinner; 120g chicken breast with garlic, salad, 75g of tomato pasta and 15g cheese

Cals total so far: 1574

ps. my cal target daily is between 1500-1800 but higher if possible as per my dieticians advice, making sure to have starch with each meal.

Thankyou for this thread ive been wondering what people eat after they have reached goal .

Do you find uou still have a lot of restriction ?

some days i have more restriction than others, and it can vary so much from meal to meal.

Some things fill me up very quickly (things like apples, and tortilla wraps, fish etc)

i have recently been diagnosed with hyproglycemia, so im trying to find a balance of foods which stop me going hypo.

.x.

fantastic thread
on rising milky coffee
B/f 2 slices wholemeal nimble and flora
mid morn 2 milky coffees apple
lunch half ham sald sandwich
mid after noon milky coffee banana
tea fish and mushy peas from chip shop all batter removed
supper 2 ryvita dunkers 1oz cheese 12 grapes
nas juice throughout the day
i dont calorie count only eat when hungry and have now maintained for 5 months i occasionally have a dip in my blood sugars especially when exercising so i make sure i have something carb heavy before and a protien rich snack after..

Thanks girls, hopefully one day will be needing this thread. xx

Thanks for posting! I have been a bit slack at updating this, so ill try a bit harder.

milky coffee
Grilled bacon (2 rashers) and burgen bread (1 slice)
cappuccino
1/2 an apple danish thing from marks and sparks
an orange

ended up in town and had a mc donalds, i ate 1/2 a quarter pounder, well, i took the top bun off, and then ate half of whats left. A few chips and a little bit of a sundae... urgh, not great, but not a frequent occurance... Anyway, learnt my lesson, i had a hypo attack when i got home, they seem to be a lot more frequent lately.

i had a pancake later.

pretty awful days food, i dont know whats up with me at the moment! as soon as i come back from america im going to go on a protein based diet... not to loose weight, as im not gaining, just to get my eating back to some form of normality...

milky coffee
piece of fritata (make a large one and freeze in portions)
2 milky coffees
beans on 1slice w/m toast
orange
satsuma
bolognaise sauce garlic bread
banana
milky coffee
2 ryvita cheese and grapes
nas juice

Thanks for posting! I have been a bit slack at updating this, so ill try a bit harder.

milky coffee
Grilled bacon (2 rashers) and burgen bread (1 slice)
cappuccino
1/2 an apple danish thing from marks and sparks
an orange

ended up in town and had a mc donalds, i ate 1/2 a quarter pounder, well, i took the top bun off, and then ate half of whats left. A few chips and a little bit of a sundae... urgh, not great, but not a frequent occurance... Anyway, learnt my lesson, i had a hypo attack when i got home, they seem to be a lot more frequent lately.

i had a pancake later.

pretty awful days food, i dont know whats up with me at the moment! as soon as i come back from america im going to go on a protein based diet... not to loose weight, as im not gaining, just to get my eating back to some form of normality...

i wouldnt dare try the things youve had for fear of dumping... i try and steer clear of all refined carbs as i know they effect my blood sugars...

I honestly believe and hope that now i am 18 months post op and not had anything i shouldnt i will continue that way.i havent missed anything as my tastes have changed so much.
on the rare occasion i eat at mc donalds i get a latte a meat patty no bread carrot sticks and fruit bag!!!

one of my fave fast food places is barburretos!!!

i only dump if i over do it on something sweet, which i dont do very often... i do dump, but i seem to be able to tolerate an okay amount, like 1/3 of a normal portion of ice cream is fine, but if i tried to eat 1/3 of a chocolate cake id be ill

the pancakes are homemade so i use wholemeal flour, and make sure i use less than a normal person wouldm and more milk and egg for protein.

I suppose i have been quite lucky,i dont dump from carbs, just sugar it seems, i rarely have high fat, but i do seem to dump from high fat foods, the few times i have had them (i have had mc donalds only twice since my op, and dumped both times) the only thing i eat thats high in fat tends to be cheese, in small quantity.

Today:
milky coffee x3
1/3 cheese and tom pannini
cappuccino
1 pancake from yesterday
100g of crab linguine & 150g beef stroganoff (odd dinner i know)

Last edited:
milky coffee x2
1 crumpet with philli light
chinese buffett
fresh OJ
teacake
milky coffee x3
cheese, grapes and ricecakes
mango

milky coffee x2
muller light and blueberries
100g of tesco finest chicken tikka (just the chicken and sauce no rice, not cos i dont eat rice, just cos i didn't have any handy)

Last edited:
This thread is fascinating and also reassuring that there is a normal way of eating after bypass. Thanks ladies x

glad your finding it usefull leanne! :)

.x.

Ive been a bit slack with this thred, but hey, i was on my honeymoon, and also jetlag has messed me up sooo bad

so here it is!

Today:
1/2 bacon roll (i was in fort william for the moutain biking world cup, and was so veeeery hung over)
cock-a-leekie soup
ravioli followed by the smalled slice of cherry pie ever
cup of coffee and a ding dong from america

I then went hypoglycemic, with my lowest ever blood sugar reading of 2.6 and felt awful, so i had 2 nectarins and some grapes to fix me up.

I then ate a slice of toast with home made no added sugar jam

and a small bacon roll...

Quite a lot actually... HOWEVER ... this whole week i have managed 1 meal a day due to awful jet lag, i left for america, thinking i would come back weighing more... and i actually lost a few lbs.

Yesterday:
1 banana pancake (im still trying to pretend im in america)
1 hot dog.
Gin and tonics... too many.

So tomorrow, im going to try and get back on track with a normal sleeping/eating pattern.

I am aiming for:

Breakfast; Muller light and a bit of fruit, maybe a banana
Lunch; Soup
Dinner; will be what should have been todays dinner had i not been in a world of hang over hell, so roast beef, and all the usual sunday dinner trimmings... i have had a total of 2 roast dinners since my op over a year ago now, and one of those was christmas dinner! so a rare treat for me!

I will no doubt snack on fruit during the day.

I have managed to stay the same weight all week, dispite a truely awful eating habbit, which has been, one meal, and a heap of junk i took home from america!

Bad Rebecca, must try harder! and stop drinking with meals!

Feel free to slap me someone!

.x.

Today:
Milky coffee
1 shreaded wheat, splash of milk, with half a banana and some strawberries
1/2 can of soup, 1/2 a slice of bread and the other 1/2 of my banana

been eating crap for weeks now so i am finally going to start trying to eat more healthy foods

nomnomnom

.x.

Last edited:
muller corner and a pear
small amount of left over chicken, onion and peppers, grated cheese and 1 new spud (from fajitas the night before)
muller corner ad blueberries
1/2 an apple and a nectarine
muller corner
mini rump steak and salad with 1 new spud.
2x tbls marshmallow fluff (only 40cal!)

3x milky coffee
3x pint of water

Oh, what's marshmallow fluff & where'd you get it?

Your food choices sound v.healthy! Well done x

i picked it up in the states, but you can get it over here, some supermarkets stok it, you can deff find it online to buy. harvey nicks do it too.

its like when you melt a marshmallow... but its in a jar, i got it cos you can use it to make fudge, and my hubby loves fudge... but as its low in cals i dip in from time to time... it is like 13g carbs... which is sugar, so you cant eat much or your ill lol

ha, i dont feel like i make healthy choices! but im trying, i have been awful recently lol

.x.

Back