• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just been shopping what a weired experiance.

hopelesscase

I have just been shopping stocking up for the next couple of weeks till i can drive etc
What a weired experiance as most of you know my Autistic foster child moved to an adult placement last week and he had a very selective restrictive diet so for starters i didnt have to get the usual stuff for him that i used to have to get every week. But kept finding myself picking things up.
I have a 19yr old son at home so i was stocking up with things for his packed lunches, some ready meals with good dates and also some things for the freezer. Murder trying to get portions for one.

As for me sugar free jelly, sugar free smoothies, low fat yogurt no lumps, low fat ice cream. horlicks light. clear cup a soups, bovril, fruit juice, bottled water as i hate tap water, gripe water, lipsyl and toiletries. It took me nearly 2 hours checking and double checking. It doesnt help that i have had to start wearing reading glasses and have to keep taking them off and back on.
Can anyone think of anything i have forgotten. Or that i havent got that they found useful. Spoke to the coordinator today and she said one night stay as long as everything is ok.
god im nervouse but also excited
HC

HC you will be fine my dear! The two things which helped me the most is gripe water and lypsyll both of which you now have. Have you got some calpol or soluble painkillers for post-op?? I did find drinking straws handy for the first few days to help me to 'sip not gulp' with the fluids if you do find yourself popping to the shops again, but perhaps that is just another of my oddities!!

lol ali calpol soluable paracetamol and straws already in stock. how soon after do yo strt with the vitamins and minerals, b12 injections etc. This is all so real now.

Vits and minerals straight away post op, but like I said last night see which one the surgeon suggests. You'll also need ant-acids but again on prescription. B12 3 months post op then every 3 months after.

you should know by now its my favourite rant but i would suggest getting some benefibre, you can start it as soon as you get home and it should keep you from getting any problems.

I found a huge V-Shaped pillow helped (about a fiver from argos) with sleeping post op, stopped me rolling etc.

Thanks shel i alredy use benifiber but stopped last week for the week. Dont ask me why just got it into my head milk and yogurt and fluid. Luckly not had any problems.
Due to doing short break care for children with disabilities i have a sit and rise single bed so have been sleeping in that for the past few nights to get used to it so can be propped up whilst sleeping lol.
From what phatgirl posted she was discharged with her antacids but will check about the vits with the surgeon.
take care
hc

Yep, I was sent home with my fastabs, 2x a day & liquid paracetamol as well as my liquid codeine.

Don't forget Boots dry mouth spray, it is awesome! I used it a bunch.

Bet you are excited?? Not long now!:vibes:Sending you good vibes!

HI HC

Would like to say, I know the people that have had it at the same place as me, don't start their Vitamins untill after the 6 week check up, and none of us are having the B12 injection...

So it may be worth you speaking to your consultant or one of the nurses so that you know for sure, all consultants do things slitghtly different....

Thinking of you

think you about have everything covered!!! i didn't start my vits until 2 weeks post op. was discharged with fastabs and soluble codeine and paracetamol. i also don't get the vit b12 injections but will be asking about them next week when i see them.

good luck xx

Back