• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Make me jealous

Good morning

In need of a bit of motivation today whilst in the early stages of tier 3.

Any chance that that some of you post-opers could share with me what you can do now that you couldn't do before the surgery? I would like to include some ideas for inspiration in my journal.

TIA
Dot

- can sit on any seat on the train
- walk to the station
- seat belt in the car
- being able to drive again
- walk down the street without looking at the ground continously
- gym/dance
- feel good about myself
- not AS self conscious when eating out in public
- comfortably seated at restaurant booths

Lots more too I guess.. I like clothes shopping for stuff I like not just what will fit.

That is a good list. I really need to be able to travel by train for work but I can't even get to the station on foot. Once on the train I cannot stand up for long and I have had a bad experience of having a seat booked but not able to get to it on a crowded train. Once they just cancelled all the bookings :( I wont travel by train now. Luckily I can still drive otherwise I would be housebound.

PS. I have to look at the ground when I walk. I have no idea why though. I think I am scared of falling over.

(did anyone see what I did there? - my 50th post! )

For me the most significant improvement has been my levels of pain from a back problem.
Before my surgery my back pain was so bad. I'd wake up in the middle of the night stuck in bed not being able to move.

Back