• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Make sure this doesn't happen to you.

Sausage

Well I've just got my date for my surgery 5th July 2015.
It's taken me 22 months from when my docor agreed and revered me to a surgeon.
Little did I know that this was what they call the wrong pathway as you have to go through an obstical course of dieticians and psychological "experts" before being refered.
This was not picked up on at all by anyone involved, it was I that had to find out I'd wasted 10 months and had to go back to the beginning. Hence why it's taken so long as had to go through a further 6 months with this agency "Health Weight" in order to get the funding in place.
What a waste of time that is no wonder the NHS is sort of money as God knows what it pays this bunch of people that do nothing but tell you what you already know. And are experts in keeping themselves employed.
The few gems of knowledge I didn't know, have turned out to be outdated or not applicable to my surgeon as they all have their own way of doing things. So really I am a year behind it still annoys me as could have had my surgery last year and actually be living my life.
But have to move on what choice do we have.
Hope all goes well for you all Good luck friends

So sorry to read how shoddily you have been treated by these "professionals" all I can say is you have to put what has happened behind you, focus on completing the LSD and your surgery date and then starting your new life
good luck the goal is in sight

Sorry Sausage for all the mess they put you though but like it been said its time to think about you and your new life coming up . I wish you all the best on your journey .

So sorry this happened, it's so frustrating isn't it. It's so difficult when you're trying to follow procedure and you trust what you are being told is correct - what else can you do? Hopefully now it will be better. All the best.

Welcome Sausage sorry to hear you have had a long bumpy ride :0( But at last your surgery is only a few days away. What surgery are you having and what hospital?

I'm having my RNY bypass on 21st July start my pre-op on the 6th there's quite a few on thread July surgeries 2015 we are giving each other a bit of support although where ever you go on here you get advice and support. Good luck on your surgery

Back