• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG! it's really going to happen!

lynne08

Hi everyone!

my name is Lynne and i'm a newbie to this site although I have been reading your posts for a few months now and what a great feeling to know that I'm not alone in experiencing this WL surgery journey. it can be a very lonely place to be even with all the support from family and friends, but reading all your experiences and words of wisdom is totally invaluable!

after a 2 year long process with Sunderland, I've finally had the endoscopy and been put on the waiting list for a bypass, ive been told the wait now is 6-8 months and it all feels like a bit of a dream!

I'm looking forward to catching up with you all along your own journeys but can assure you all that this site is precious.

take care and good luck everyone! your all amazing !
xxx

Welcome Lynne and congrats on making the move to be a poster not a lurker! Hope your wait isn't too long, but it is so worth it, whatever the wait.

I have had an easy journey with no pain, but some have had a more trying time. Either way, I haven't heard one person say they regret the surgery. All the best to you. Trisha

Hi Lynne, lovely to have you on board.
I can imagine you're soooo excited and believe me those months will fly by, mine certainly did.
It's not an easy ride but with the support of this site you'll get there hunny x

thank you for the lovely welcome! I got butterflies for you Mazbrad! it'll be here before you know it. I'm looking forward to catching up with you along the way. best wishes xxx

thanks Sarah! the support means a lot. x

thank you to everyone for the warm welcome! I'm so excited that I've taken the plunge to join he group. you all seem like a warm friendly bunch. xxx

Hi and Welcome Lynn, glad you decided to post, Good Luck with your wls journey x

Hi lynne and a very warm welcome ,
congrats on your endoscopy ,, when did you have it ??? , I had mine friday under Mr Balupuri and was listed then .

Welcome to the forum.....yes it is reassuring to know there are others out there following a similar path.

Everyone on here is friendly and I found that any questions asked no matter how trivial they seem, someone has always offered advice and answers.

Good luck with your journey..................your op date will be here in no time :)

Hi lynne and a very warm welcome ,
congrats on your endoscopy ,, when did you have it ??? , I had mine friday under Mr Balupuri and was listed then .
hi Morningstar! I had my endoscopy on 21st July by Mr Balupuri. awful experience but no pain no gain I suppose. did they tell you how long the waiting list was? he was a bit vague when I had mine. said he thought it would be 6-8 months and would I be prepared to have it done on a weekend! silly question I thought! but at least I'm on the list so over the moon about that :)

Hi Lynne,
no indication of waiting times for surgery but like yourself I was just so pleased to have had the endoscopy and to be placed on the list that I never thought about asking . I just had the throat spray and pleased that I did as I was able to leave almost straight away.
Mr Balupuri also advised me to have my gall bladder removed at the same time.
From some of the posts that I have been reading on here Sunderland seems to be getting a wiggle on with their surgery lists so hopefully we will not have to wait so long ....fingers ( and everything else ) crossed

Hi Everyone,

SRH have been doing more WLS lately and each surgeon (4or 5 of them) are doing about 5 a day, even working Saturday and Sundays to shorten the list. So, anyone waiting could be offered a date sooner than expected, especially if some patients have had to cancel due for various reasons. I was not expectng a date for my surgery until Sept/Oct of this year and had mine on 9th July. I am not sure what the ratio of bands/bypass or sleeves are but SRH seem to be doing quite a lot of ops these days. Good luck to all who are waiting and I wish you all a speedy recovery. xx :)

Hi everyone! I rang Mr Small's secretary this morning and she said the list was currently at 4-6 months from being placed on the list but could be sooner she said. I asked her what happens next and she said that they would contact me by phone to offer surgery date and if ok would send out diet info for the pre op diet. Then the next appointment would be pre-op assessment, then surgery! it all seems a little surreal! my tummy does a flip every time I think about it ! xxx

woohoo how exciting! im so pleased for you :)

Back