• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to all of this

bluedave789

Hi I am new to all of this and I am considering a By-pass at the Whittington Hospital in London

Have been going for over 2 years have had funding for the same amount of time

This hospital really seems to be dragging its heels and when I complained the surgeon went on the offenseive side and said that he would discharge me back to my GP

Has any one any knowledge of this hospital and Dr Heath as a surgeon? what is he like etc etc

Also can I tranfer my funding to a different hospital does any one know?

Any comments and or help gratefully recived

Thanx

Confused :wave_cry:

Hi Dave - i had a band fitted privately, so do not know much about the bypass side of things. However, in terms of commissioning services, the money for your bypass will be paid by your primary care trust (PCT) to the acute Trust (Hospital). You have a patient right to choose where you are treated, so if you are unhappy with the Whittington I would speak to your GP and ask to be seen elsewhere. I would press ahead as new commissioning boards are being introduced at primary care level and they might not be required to carry funding from one financial year to another. Sorry for long reply but I work within allied health professional arena and have some (albeit limited) experience of the commissioning process. Good luck - BTW my only wish is that I had taken the plunge and had my band sooner, early days for me as 5 weeks post operation but I feel so very different already = positive, upbeat and healthier already. Trcey x

welcome to the forum hune. wishing you a the best, hope things get moving for you. keep us posted.and well done tracy on the weight loss you lucky thing!

Aww sorry ive no idea but just wanted to say welcome and hope you get sorted soon :)

Hope that you get sorted! But welcome to the board :)

Welcome. Don't know if you can transfer but I had my sleeve by Mr at Homerton. He is fantastic & the team are lovely. My 2 pals had their bypasses there & are very happy too. Highly recommend.

Thanx guys for all the replies.. I am still being messed around 2yrs and 6 months in as I am insulin resistent now and my diabetes is not in check... just wondered if any one has any ideas? Cheers

Back