• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG! it's really going to happen!

Hi everyone! I rang Mr Small's secretary this morning and she said the list was currently at 4-6 months from being placed on the list but could be sooner she said. I asked her what happens next and she said that they would contact me by phone to offer surgery date and if ok would send out diet info for the pre op diet. Then the next appointment would be pre-op assessment, then surgery! it all seems a little surreal! my tummy does a flip every time I think about it ! xxx

I can't believe it either. I sometimes think that I am dreaming and that I am going to wake up, but I'm not and then I get all giddy and realise that I am going to change the rest of my life in just under five weeks time. I spoke to the Consultant who is doing my op today (I work at the hospital and he shares an office with my Consultant who I work for) and told him that I got my letter at the weekend - he said that he knew and that he had received notification by e-mail that I was on his list for the 26th of Sept (he would have had to ok this so he would have known long before me) - sorry for waffling, I am excited too. :eek: Good luck with yours honey. XX

welcome lynne hope you are well and it does not take to long to join us on the losers bench, we will move our ever decreasing backsides over when your turn comes xxxxxxx

hi and nice to read your good news!, it goes so quick, and its great having this forums advice and to laugh and cry with,good luck love !xx

Good luck to you all. I've not had my endoscopy yet, but was told at the beginning of July that it would be around 3/4months from then. Is this roughly the time others have waited, or is this list going down fast as well?
thanks Jema! it took the max of 18 weeks from referral to treatment for the endoscopy but that's not to say it will be the same for you. hopefully it will come round sooner like the main ops seem to be! I was told in April when they put me on the endoscopy list that the surgery list was about a year long, and now after the endoscopy it's down to 4-6 months. Sounds like a long time, but it will come round quick I hope :). I wish you well on your journey! take care. Lynne x

Back