• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May sleevers are u still out there??

kelly1

Just wondering how your all doing? How's the weight loss going? We all feeling better?

I'm 15 weeks out now and am 83lbs down -52 since op! Feeling fabulous! Got no clothes that fit- o well guess ill HAVE to buy new...... Poor me ;) I feel so much more healthier and "normal" I really have been given a new lease of life!

I try and eat as healthy as possible, and always try to eat my protein first! Though once in a while I have half a slice of toast when I fancy it! I can't tolerate untoasted bread, makes me throw up :( but to be honest I'm quite pleased about that lol!

Anyway enough of me! Xx

Nice to hear from another May sleever!
I'm 49 lbs down post op and feeling great.
I too am out of clothes but decided not to buy until the cold weather. I thought it would be a big waste of money buying summer clothes at the end of August while still losing weight and dropping sizes.

I'm indeed eating healthier with proteins first and, most of the time, nothing else because it really doesn't fit. Nutritionist doesn't appreciate me not eating veggies and fruits but she doesn't understand I'm only 15 weeks post op and my new stomach is really tiny.
Hope to ear from the other May sleeves too.

Hi Bally! I know im trying to wait for winter too, but i literally have nothing lol! alot of my skinny clothes dont fit yet, and everything else is too big! I treated myself to a pair of jeans yesterday from New Look, size 18 out the normal section! was chuffed!! only £9.99 aswell!! Thinking i may go to primark and get a couple of tops and try and make them last till winter hits!

49lb is fab! We'll be skinny before we know it! How much more are you wanting to loose? Im 15st 7lb now, and wanting to loose another 5st!

Could you not eat a little bit less protien to get any veggies in? or maybe snack on fruit mid morning/ afternoon? x

Hi Kelly!
I want to loose 18kg more (sorry, not very good with imperial measures, but I believe we are almost the same weight and have more or less the same target). My target weight is 65kg.

This morning my BMI was 29.8 and that means I'm no more obese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here in Italy we only have up to size EU44 (I believe it could be size 14) in "normal" shops so I usually buy online from Dorothy Perkins...not that cheap but cheaper than plus size shops in Italy.
Last week I've ordered a pair of size 14 strech-skinny jeans (they fit great...I used to wear size 18 pre op) on sale and two very cheap camis to make it to winter.
Have not yet tried my winter clothes and really hope something fits because I have a front desk job and need dozens of formal clothes.

With regards to food...I've tried eating fewer prots to fit some veggies or some starches (my nutritionist would like me on meditereanean diet) but I immediately stalled. I probably should try for a longer period in order to allow my body to get used to more carbs but I freak out if I stall for more than a day! Anyway I'll have bloods and nutritionist check up in mid September and I'll try to sort this "carb-phobia" out.

Hi Kelly I'm still here! 3st 2 lb down since op and 4st 7lb altogether! I am out of clothes too although I have some smaller sizes in my wardrobe that I've dug out, and I've bought some leggings as they sort of shrink with you. Glad to hear you are doing well. Seem to be able to eat most types of food - try to eat protein first. I do struggle with bread but warburtons thins go down ok - just the right size :)

Girls...I'm so happy I want to share!
Went shopping yesterday.
Went to Decathlon, wanted a pair of walking shoes on sale (didn't get them, probably better to buy some quality brand) and bought a pair of fitness leggings and a tee shirt. Chose an XL pair of leggings thinking they would fit in a month or so.
Fitted them back home and found out XL is a bit too big for me!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya Madcatwoman! Wow what a fab loss! These sleeves really are working a treat aint they!! Love them! I havent tried the thins yet, may have to give them a go! Im ok with wraps, but bread is a no no if not toasted :(

Aw well done Bally thats amazing!!!! Bet your so chuffed!!Massive congrats on just being overweight too!! cant wait till thats me! Still a while to go yet tho!

Got weighed this morning and i have lost another 2lb this morning, bringing me to 6st 1lb loss!!!! yey!!! soo so so happy to have gone past the 6stone mark! Only 5 more to go..... birng it on!! xx

Got weighed this morning and i have lost another 2lb this morning, bringing me to 6st 1lb loss!!!! yey!!! soo so so happy to have gone past the 6stone mark! Only 5 more to go..... birng it on!! xx

You mean you've lost something like 38kg post op? That's a most fabulous loss!!!!! Congrats!

Have you girls noticed we were all sleeved on the same date?

I know - 7th May must have been a momentous day!!! Kelly your loss is fantastic! Mine is quite slow. Bally I find normal bread seems to get 'stuck' and gives me heartburn, but toast is fine. The thins are great for lunch at work though. I tend to eat crackerbread at home as it 'melts' in the mouth.:)

Bally I find normal bread seems to get 'stuck' and gives me heartburn, but toast is fine. The thins are great for lunch at work though. I tend to eat crackerbread at home as it 'melts' in the mouth.:)

I manage bread crust quite well but I prefer crispbread that, as you say, melts in my mouth. Anyway, it's seldom more than 1 crispbread a day.

My limit seems to be 3. After that I am full. Then have to wait an hour before having my yogurt! Still amazed at how much I ate before and I thought I wasn't too bad!!!!! No wonder I was over 20st:eek:

Wow ladies you are all doing so incredibly well! Well done all.

I was sleeved on 21st May and am losing a fair bit slower I've lost 40lbs now which is 2lbs short of 3 stone. I'm pretty happy though as I've never been able to lose quick and I can't exercise due to a damaged knee.

It's a gift this sleeve isn't it!? I really do love it!

My limit seems to be 3. After that I am full. Then have to wait an hour before having my yogurt! Still amazed at how much I ate before and I thought I wasn't too bad!!!!! No wonder I was over 20st:eek:

My team told me I should only eat what fits in about 20 minutes.
But we know that every team has different guidelines. In this way, though, I have plenty of time for drinking between meals.

Wow ladies you are all doing so incredibly well! Well done all.

I was sleeved on 21st May and am losing a fair bit slower I've lost 40lbs now which is 2lbs short of 3 stone. I'm pretty happy though as I've never been able to lose quick and I can't exercise due to a damaged knee.

It's a gift this sleeve isn't it!? I really do love it!

Sleeve is a beautiful gift indeed!
40 lbs is a wonderful result...please, please, please, don't compare yourself to others because each of our bodies is unique and behaves and reacts in a different way.
I'm sure that by following our guidelines we will all get to target weight.

With regards to exercising, I still cannot get in that frame of mind...I hate exercise! So I try to walk to work and do some extraordinary cleaning and decluttering when at home. It's not exactly like exercising but it keeps me more active than sitting in front of my PC.

Thanks girls! May 7th was indeed a momentous day!!!! I've lost 38kg in total Bally, 25kg since op! Lost the other 13kg between jan and my op! I'm totally chuffed!!! I loose about 2/3lb a week, or 1kg ish! As long as its coming off I don't mind how fast or slow, we're all different ain't we!!

I must try some thins, and crackerbread! I tend to eat ryvita with a little cheese!

What's everyone's portions like? I think mine are smaller than usual! One ryvita with cheese on and I'm struggling to finish it!! Xx

I think I must be able to eat quite a lot! About 900-1000 cals - I eat 3 crispbreads or a thin for lunch and a side plate portion for dinner. I have 1 weetabix for breakfast. The dietician seemed to think that was fine. I suppose the bit of stomach we're left with will be different sizes in different people!

I think I must be able to eat quite a lot! About 900-1000 cals - I eat 3 crispbreads or a thin for lunch and a side plate portion for dinner. I have 1 weetabix for breakfast. The dietician seemed to think that was fine. I suppose the bit of stomach we're left with will be different sizes in different people!

It's probably true we have different stomachs.
I eat more or less your same quantities + 2 snacks and proteins first. And proteins fill me faster and keep cal intake low. Nutritionist wanted me to add some olive oil but I simply cannot stand it twice a day so I add it when I remember...very low cal intake from fats.

I eat my protein first too , then veg , then carbs. At lunch I have light soft cheese on my crispbread but add ham or chicken for extra protein, and try to have snacks with protein such as a few almonds or a high protein greek yoghurt or some meat or cottage cheese. I don't really miss crisps which I used to love - I have had only a couple of packets since op :)

Back