• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vertical sleeve done on Saturday 21st May

luckyla

Hi everyone

I feel awful at the moment :cry:
Please can anyone tell me if the following things are normal?

Every time I try to eat or drink anything I get a painful lump in my gullet where I really need to belch - I'm not getting in anywhere near what I should in the way of fluids in a day. Consequently, I'm feeling so weak and tired. Is this a concern? I'm praying things will get better.

Yesterday, I vomited what was like a load of white froth. Again, is this normal? I was also getting lots of bile coming into my mouth for a couple of days, but hadn't actually been sick.

Did others out there have the same issues as me?

I really need reassurance right now that things are going to get better :cry:

All I managed yesterday was about a 1/4 of a cup of slimfast, and about 1/2 a cup of weight watchers soup - plus almost a pint of fluid throughout the whole day. If others of you say you've also been through this stage, I think it may give me some kind of comfort.

hi lucky :)

Deep breaths! Youve only just had surgery - it'll take a few days to settle down.

sounds like you could be suffering from wind. Are you taking anything to help with wind?

In terms of fluids, i really struggled for at least 2 months - and i didnt manage to drink what i was meant to, but i tried to get as much in as possible!

the first 2 weeks my provider said not to worry about what i was eating etc, but to make sure i ate little and often. I just stopped as soon as i started feeling full - sometimes i couldnt even manage half a muller!

hope this has given you a little reassurance!

x

Hello from a fellow sleever. I had the same symptoms, don't worry, it will pass. I'm nearly 2 years out now :)

Hi i'm 5 weeks in front of you. and i can still only eat 1/2 can ww soup. today ive hardly had anything. please remember youve only just had major surgery. take little sips of water often. and small amounts of food (up to 6 times a day) things will get better. xx

Snap, had mine in January this year, first week same sort of discomfort on drinking/eating and thought I'd lost ability to belch but it has slowly returned. I was also feeling washed out in first few weeks but started taking multvits/minerals to help plus a protein supplement mixed in drinks/soup.

I lost count of the times I vomitted in first few weeks so stuck to ver bland foods which were easier tolerated, although it improved greatly I still occasionally have problems vomiting due to a build up of mucus in my stomach but that tends to be if I have gone a while before eating (usually when at work) so I try to have a cereal snack bar or milky coffee to keep me going between meals which has helped to reduce those episodes.
Drinking peppermint tea also helped with the feeling of trapped wind but I also took buscopan (had been on it a while ago for IBS) which helped relax the abdominal muscles.
Don't despair it gets better and I feel great 99% of time now.:D

Hi everyone

I feel awful at the moment :cry:
Please can anyone tell me if the following things are normal?

Every time I try to eat or drink anything I get a painful lump in my gullet where I really need to belch - I'm not getting in anywhere near what I should in the way of fluids in a day. Consequently, I'm feeling so weak and tired. Is this a concern? I'm praying things will get better.

Yesterday, I vomited what was like a load of white froth. Again, is this normal? I was also getting lots of bile coming into my mouth for a couple of days, but hadn't actually been sick.

Did others out there have the same issues as me?

I really need reassurance right now that things are going to get better :cry:

All I managed yesterday was about a 1/4 of a cup of slimfast, and about 1/2 a cup of weight watchers soup - plus almost a pint of fluid throughout the whole day. If others of you say you've also been through this stage, I think it may give me some kind of comfort.

Thank you all so much for your replies :)
I actually got re-admitted into hospital due to severe dehydration, so haven't been on here for a while.
Every day is still a big struggle! Maybe I'm trying to run before I can walk? Have been vomiting quite a lot over the last couple of days, so have been told by the dieticians to reduce my amount of fluids to 100ml and build up.
The weight is really starting to come off though which is so nice! :happy036:

Does the feeling of trapped wind and belching improve? It's really miserable at the moment trying to get anything down :cry:

Honestly things do get better. i only started to feel really well with myself last week. it takes time.

Back