• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

me again,worry wort,and pre op diet allowances

starr

very happy post opper
im on day 3 of my pre op low carb liver diet ,lost over 7lb but think its to much feel light headed, ive been following my sheet but find im not eating enough of the listed foods , in the times it says ,,does anyone know if its ok to have say,the slice of bread for lunch at teatime instead ,or do you need the spaced out even amounts of meals ,,i hope this makes sence ,as i hate to miss out on what im allowed lol,,,,xxx,,wishing everyone a lovely day xxx,,

Hi Starr, I did the same diet but I didn't have a particular plan to follow, so set my own meals for the day. I'm sure as long as you don't go over the allowed amount you could swap things around xx

Starr,

Are you on the milk or diabetic diet???? Milk diet does not allow carbs and bread is carbs. So, no potatoes and no bread. If you are feeling light headed you need to have a veg soup without potatoes. I am sure there are lots of people who have loads of recipes for a more filling soup for either your mid-day or evening meal. That will help with the light headedness of being hungry. Drink more if you can and remember, fluid fluid fluid. You will be glad you did post op believe me. Good luck hun, its nearly your turn for the loosers bench, I will shuffle along to make room. :D xx

thanks peachie and minxy,its the low carb as im diabetic ,so im keeping to the list ,but il def change things around , and im upping my unlimited veg,thank god for sugar snap peas as a sweet fix,,,,,,,and unlimited on my diet ! yippee! and i made a massive pan of veg soup to dip into allday,which is helping with the light headedness,,,thanks for all your help ,,,xxxxxxxxcant wait to be on that bench with you all! x

Add lentils to your soup hun to up the protien and make it more filling.the light headedness goes after a few days.Plenty of fruit and veg.Keep well hydrated too.Maz x

I was on that diet, is it the one with only 2 pieces of fruit a day, I had banana and youg for breakie so saved my bread for lunch to have a butty or just had one piece of bread and had more potatoes for tea, its very hard going, making the soup is a good idea hun, i had a constant head ache while on it. Good luck xxx

its a mental diet , one orange or half a banana aday,,,,,no pulses or lentils!,only a tiny amount of potato,,grh!,just smell like brussels! lol even if i put half a bottle on jpg on,i smell like me old nan! lol,keep brushing my teeth , which takes the hunger away a bit , def lots of water helps though,but my head is so tight ,,,and god knows how much water my body was holding cos the pounds are falling off,shame i couldnt do this for longer ,wouldnt need the surgery!thank god its short term only! x

I did it for 4 days hun and lost 8lb, its amazing !

becky its mad ,i know , ive lost 4kilos in less than 3 days ,,x feels kind of good though,like its really happening now ! x did you do a pre run on it? xwish i had now x

Yes hun, i was due to have surgery this month so told to start it, but then 4 days later got date for October, the soup is a good idea hun. Are you still having the sleeve, keep in touch as im having that xxx

wont know til i wake up! lol,i like surprises,,giggles , surgeon will start with the intention of a bypass, but depending how my gall bladder removal goes,may change to a sleeve,,oh right i remember now , u cant have it on halloween bex lol! good luck x

oh good luck starr, wish i was you :D lol xxx

at the l&d i had no choice i'm a type2 diabetic on insulin (at the time but not now) i was only allowed the milk diet and i lost just over 10kg in 2 weeks ;)

wont be long caren,,youl soon be there x,,stay positive ,no matter how long it takes,,,i just wish id started this journey years ago,,,,,xxx

joffy,hows it going love?,you feeling good ,? ul be a month out by the time i have mine ..cant wait to see what youve lost x,

wont be long caren,,youl soon be there x,,stay positive ,no matter how long it takes,,,i just wish id started this journey years ago,,,,,xxx

me too mate, me too :(

im on day 3 of my pre op low carb liver diet ,lost over 7lb but think its to much feel light headed, ive been following my sheet but find im not eating enough of the listed foods , in the times it says ,,does anyone know if its ok to have say,the slice of bread for lunch at teatime instead ,or do you need the spaced out even amounts of meals ,,i hope this makes sence ,as i hate to miss out on what im allowed lol,,,,xxx,,wishing everyone a lovely day xxx,,

Are you drinking plenty of water? as not enough water can give you headaches as well. I'm getting by on a litre a day but it should be more, but as I'm doing the milk diet any more fluids and I'll turn into a waterfall!

Back