• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

medway kent area

funky24

hiyaa all annoying ol me again! haha just wondered if there was any people close by to where i live? im inbetween maidstone and medway in kent? pls pm me if ya up for chatting and maybe meeting for coffee?! xxx

I am in Orpington, still may be a bit of a way out or coffee tho, lol. Always up or chatting however!!!
Xx

Hiya I'm in Dartford so not too far (in between both of you!)
Im hoping to get approval for funding this week, spoke to the pct this morning and they said would copy me in on the letter so fingers crossed il shortly be on the waiting list!
Do you have funding already?
Bex xx

Hi Bex, I am 6 weeks post op. good luck with our journey
X

I got funding in march see surgeon 10 days ago agreed to do bypass within the next 3 months :) just have to wait for THE phone call with pre op! How you getting on sarah? x

I'm in eltham :) so I'm close to some of u x

I am doing ok thanks Bex, have lost 27lb in under 6 weeks post op. was feeling really frustrated last week, as I didn't lose anything, can eat anything with no restriction, and just had a moment when I was convinced that they didn't actually do the surgery, or that I was going to be the 1 person that surgery didn't work for. However, hubby said to me people lose about a stone a month on average, I am 1lb away from losing 2 stone in 6 weeks, so gotta but things into perspective. Am feeling much more positive now. Xxx it does take a while to get your head around things. But it's worth it. Xxxv

Hi :)

I am in Maidstone, would be great to meet up for
coffee and a chat..

Nicky xx

Maybe (if everyone drives) we can meet mid-point wherever that would be.

Well although I am in Dartford, if we go by sitting Bourne - Waltham then bluewater is probably fairly mid-distance? (I say this obviously living in Dartford is close to me but probably still is the easiest meeting place?)

For those who are post op or had funding agreed, how long is the process? And what happens after you get the letter from pct confirming funding?

Bex xx

The last "local" forum get together was in Bexley, but if it were anywhere in Kent or SE London I would be interested.

I could also offer a lift for those on my route to where ever the event is held.

i dont drive and not that mobile can meet locally a bus ride away etc sometimes, those people close by to me private mail me and will see if we can arrange something :) x

Im in Faversham - work full time, and also work some evenings, so Id have to have prior warning - but Id diary it in and not book appointments :eek:

funky24 said:
I got funding in march see surgeon 10 days ago agreed to do bypass within the next 3 months :) just have to wait for THE phone call with pre op! How you getting on sarah? x

Hiya,
I hit my funding agreed on Thursday (yay!) I'm now trying to work out where to go! What hospital did you choose? X

Back