• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Men having a mgb or already had one

JOHNG79

Hi guys,

Looking just some general tips & advice that I'm doing things right pre op diet wise, and also preparing for the post op phase.

I am going to Belgium for the mini gastric bypass with Dr. Chris DeBruyne on Friday 11 sept. Keep having recurring worries of being refused on day due to my weight etc. Started my pre op weighing 29st 5 this morning & I think nerves are getting the better of me.

I started this thread for men as generally we are bigger, and the women I speak to on different forums are all a lot smaller than me especially going to Belgium. Obviously ideal scenario would be to talk to someone around my size who had op with same doctor but that's quite tough to find as i have not really encountered too many guys who have went to Dr. DeBruyne.

Hi Mate,

I had my MGB 2 weeks ago at Sunderland on the NHS so in a different situation. So don't read to much into my experience.

I know when I started the process 2 years ago at 32st my consultant was not keen on operating till I had lost considerable weight and a balloon was discussed. Didn't like the sound of that so knuckled down and by the time of surgery was down to 25st 5, got the nod and operation went well though he did tell me it was hard work as I was still bigger than the norm and the operation took 40mins longer then usual, so ended up staying an extra night in hospital.

Not sure what the criteria are in Belgium, but from other peoples comments on here it appears you have a good surgeon, so I'm sure he will do what's right for you. If I were you though I'd want to clarify with your provider before traveling.

Do you arrive on the 10th or 11th chap?

I should be back by then so will look out for you bud

Back