• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Men - what to take

It's very rare just one in couple off thousand but I noticed it on the Tuesday spoke to him on Wednesday and had the op on
the Friday they were very quick
They were great but had been having problems for a few months

Ok cool....thankfully I'm nearly at goal so mine has behaved! Phew! Maintaining should be interesting all the same!

Well in the end, I took

dressing gown (not worn as hospital was warm)
slippers
socks x 4 (but never wore any due to stockings)
underwear (still had to wear the lovely green paper ones though for op and woke up commando due to catheter lol)
toiletries
dry mouth spray - a godsend
pjs (only worn from day 2)
phone and charger - thankfully hospital had free wifi and also freeview tv

Well in the end, I took

dressing gown (not worn as hospital was warm)
slippers
socks x 4 (but never wore any due to stockings)
underwear (still had to wear the lovely green paper ones though for op and woke up commando due to catheter lol)
toiletries
dry mouth spray - a godsend
pjs (only worn from day 2)
phone and charger - thankfully hospital had free wifi and also freeview tv

Hope I get my op at Thornburys

Thornbury is nice staff are really friendly but so are northern staff
Claremont looks really posh but he only does a few there mainly thornbury and any problems back at northern
I would take any at this time

To be honest Mark, I don't really care where it's at....as long as its done!

I go into the Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield on Monday.

I'm taking:

Dressing gown
Pyjamas
Change Of Clothes
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Deodorant
Face Flannel
Shower Gel
iPod and Headphones
Reading Glasses
Slippers

Anything I've forgotten? If so I'll send my fiancee down the shops tomorrow.

fantastic .u must be really happy with ur achievement .xxx

Just bought some pj's! First time in forty odd years I'll be wearing some!!

I didn't bother with P/J's,I wore a t shirt & 3/4 bottoms,needed a loose top after a gutfull of gas & don't forget a pillow for the journey home thanks to the state of the British roads

To be fair , they are a tshirt and shorts type so should be ok! Pillow is a good tip Ta

Dry mouth spray was the best thing I took in
Most definitely and for me too, as well as my tablet with books and everything loaded onto it to keep me occupied during the day when not a lot was going on. There's only so much daytime TV you can watch and I was in a room of my own which not only had its benefits but having no one to talk to made the day go a bit longer so glad I had things to keep me occupied.

Also took a load of things with me that never even got unpacked, but still had to carry them home :(

Back