• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Might sound like a stupid question but (toilet involved)

Jamast

Right, where do I start? Just waiting to hear from PCT over funding App. Had the mad 'OMIGOD THIS MIGHT REALLY BE HAPPENING SOON' panic. Settled into a low carb eating plan again and quite enjoying it (I'm thinking that the more I can get off before the op - the better off I will be under the anaesthetic).

But there is one thing that is nagging at the back of my mind; How do people manage to wipe their backsides in the few days/weeks after surgery?

I am sorry if it sounds like a gormless question - but I sort of twist and bend in a peculiar manner and am worried that once I have the op, I might pull or break some stitches.

If you can manage to stop laughing for a mo - I would really appreciate sensible answers. :eek:

I had no trouble at all. My stomach hurt more to laugh, cough or hiccup. Didn't hurt for bum wiping.

No question is a silly one really :)

I had no trouble at all. My stomach hurt more to laugh, cough or hiccup. Didn't hurt for bum wiping.

No question is a silly one really :)

Thank You Fuffs - I am laughing at my question myself though, but am asking in all seriousness. :eek:

The wiping bit was easy it was actually getting to that bit that gave me problems, couldn't go at all. xx

The wiping bit was easy it was actually getting to that bit that gave me problems, couldn't go at all. xx

Having never had any form of surgery whatsoever - I am seriously worried about twisting or bending and bursting something.

It's a normal worry. I worried that if I tried to poo my intestines would burst lol

It's a normal worry. I worried that if I tried to poo my intestines would burst lol

I am so glad that it's not just me lol x

Quite honestly some people do have issues with this although I didn't. Apparently you can buy an aid of some sort.

sneezing hurts more then bum wiping lol xx

Not silly at all x
It would take a lot to pull your stitches,toilet duties you will be fine.
It's more the lifting etc,you need to be more careful off x

or employ a young eastern bloc worker ..............they'll do it for £2 an hour :8855::8855:

I know I have a rather ample backside, but how big do you think it is in order to need an hourly rate? lol
Anyway, My husband has offered his services for free - wouldn't fancy that either!!!

Your question tickled me, but I'm really glad you asked it.
I'm assuming it would take a couple of days or maybe more after the op as you would be empty and it would depend on your diet after???? Thus you would at least be beginning to heal before you needed to try any contortions???!

Back