• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MILK dIET !!! but i hate milk (help)

deeby

Hi Ive been reading a lot about a milk diet you have to go on before surgery, i can not have milk in any way shape or form as i cant physically drink it, i dont have it in coffee or on cereal or infact on or in anything, is this milk absolutely necessary or is there an alternative ??
Thanks

Hi Deeby im sure if you tell your medical team they will give you an alternative.

Have you a surgery date yet? If so where are you going?

Hi Ellie
I dont have a date yet, i had my first appt today and have been told its a 12 month waiting list... ggrrrr, a bit worried as my doctor referred me for a band but the surgeon said he didnt think they worked and would only do bypass, its a much more intrusive proceedure with a lot higher risk so..... a bit dumbstruck and confused tonight.
xx

Speak with your medical provider. I did a really strict "normal" foods diet. Bloody hard work but well worth it. You won't be the only person who can't have milk that they have had I am sure. Good Luck.
xx

Sorry ellie..... my surgery will be at Farnboroug kent what about you ?
xx

hi Bungle
Thanks, i do hope so as i would hate to fail before i even start all because i dont like milk, that would be a little embarassing !! lol

Me too! Allie I did low fat, low carb, & no sugar diet too.

Thanks allie
ive been given a years waiting list so will be ages before i start my journey but cant wait, i feel like im waiting for my life to start..

arr, not sure where Chichester is, your geography is obviously a lot better than mine !! have you been given a date yet ?

arr, not sure where Chichester is, your geography is obviously a lot better than mine !! have you been given a date yet ?

No, I went to see Dr Somers as a private patient but im now going on the NHS so im waiting like everyone else hun in the queue. Im in xxxx, Chichester is on the M25 me thinks ive got a good sat nav (hubby)!!!!

Last edited:
Oh yes you are close !! im in Erith !!, im having it done on nhs at Princess royal in Farnborough, how come youve got to go to Chichester when they do it in Kent ? seems strange or is it because you went private to start with ?

Oh yes you are close !! im in Erith !!, im having it done on nhs at Princess royal in Farnborough, how come youve got to go to Chichester when they do it in Kent ? seems strange or is it because you went private to start with ?

Yes thats probably why, I actually had a consultation with another surgeon and I didnt feel comfortable with him I had been watching the fat doctor on tv and I liked the way Shaw was with his patients and as he is on the tv he is off screen, (if you know what I mean)

Hmmm yes it was probably the man i saw today !! Mr. El Hassani, quite rude and very bunt, didnt want to answer any questions just told me to wait til my 'meeting' leter , i'd been referred for bandbut he said he didnt think it worked so i had to bypass , was a bit shocked to start with.

Hmmm yes it was probably the man i saw today !! Mr. El Hassani, quite rude and very bunt, didnt want to answer any questions just told me to wait til my 'meeting' leter , i'd been referred for bandbut he said he didnt think it worked so i had to bypass , was a bit shocked to start with.

Lol, thats about right!!!

Ive seen that 'fat doctor' everywhere as well he was in one of the sunday paper magazines this week, he does seem pretty good, a bit of a laugh, thats what you need as it instills a bit of confidence ! i hope you dont mind me asking but how much weight do you have to lose ?

Ive seen that 'fat doctor' everywhere as well he was in one of the sunday paper magazines this week, he does seem pretty good, a bit of a laugh, thats what you need as it instills a bit of confidence ! i hope you dont mind me asking but how much weight do you have to lose ?

Nooooooooooo, not confident enuff to share that yet sorry, put it this way I am a big bird!!!!

oh no !!! sorry Ellie. Got a bit carried away,xx

Back