• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk Diet - Day 1

Rozzie

Well my pre op assessment went well and I am cleared to have the op on the 30th January.

Today is the first day of the milk diet - 6 hrs in and I am already sick of milk!

Currently sitting here trying to face the Bovril.

One thing that is helping is the fear of being rejected for surgery on the day.

I cant believe I am already struggling but I am sure I will get into a routine. I believe that there is some reverse psychology going on and I am just rebelling against the fact that I cant have what I want!. Having exactly what I wanted to eat for years is what got me here so this resistance has to be met face on!

I am using this experience to get to know myself better and the mental side of this is most of the battle.

Maria61

Well my pre op assessment went well and I am cleared to have the op on the 30th January.

Today is the first day of the milk diet - 6 hrs in and I am already sick of milk!

I cant believe I am already struggling but I am sure I will get into a routine. I believe that there is some reverse psychology going on and I am just rebelling against the fact that I cant have what I want!. Having exactly what I wanted to eat for years is what got me here so this resistance has to be met face on!

I am using this experience to get to know myself better and the mental side of this is most of the battle.
You can do this and it will get easier. There is no choice so hopefully no distractions of making wrong choices xxxx

Laaux

It gets easier honestly, after a few days it just becomes the norm to have milk and it’s worth it when your liver has shrunk enough for the surgeon to perform the surgery safely!

Good luck :)

slimkim

Congratulations on being cleared for surgery. Have you tried to jazz up your milk whilst sticking to the rules? I've seen various posts of how people made it into jelly and all sorts. Maybe the different textures of the milk will help?

OkieGirl

The first few days are the hardest. I'm now a week in and although I still occasionally get the urge to raid the fridge, by and large it's all good. Definitely look into different ways of having your milk though as it does make a difference. There's milk jelly that's kind of like blancmange, you can use chicken OXO in hot milk for a poor man's cream of chicken - or if you have access or a way to froth your milk, that makes it a bit more substantial! Crusha is good in milky lattes. Or there's milky iced coffees, which probably doesn't sound too nice considering how cold and miserable it's been! These are just a few things I've seen suggested by others and there may be some ideas that I've not seen.

Hang in there, you'll make it in the end!

Lottiewishes

You got this hunny. Xxx

Carolineh

I start my milk diet on the 1st feb, bypass date 15th feb. I’m really nervous about the milk diet, let me know how u get on xx

slimkim

I start my milk diet on the 1st feb, bypass date 15th feb. I’m really nervous about the milk diet, let me know how u get on xx

We have surgery dates one day apart! Where are you having your surgery? I'm starting my low calorie diet on 29th January.

Carolineh

Oh wow!
I’m having it done at Spire Southampton. I’m aiming to start the milk diet on the 1st feb, but may do it sooner.
How are u feeling about it all?

slimkim

Oh wow!
I’m having it done at Spire Southampton. I’m aiming to start the milk diet on the 1st feb, but may do it sooner.
How are u feeling about it all?

I'm actually quite chill about the surgery. More curious about it than scared. I'm traveling abroad to have my surgery in Belgium. My provider doesn't specify a specific LSD and says low calorie is fine so I'm just going to go with that.

How are you feeling about the surgery?

Carolineh

Same as u, feel fine about it. I’m sure a few days before it will all kick in and the nerves will be there.
I’m interested to know how things will be afterwards.
How long do you stay in Belgium for?

slimkim

I'll be there 4 nights total. one night before in hotel with my partner, then 2 nights in the hospital and then one night in the hotel and then back on the Eurostar. I'm hoping its smooth sailing.

Carolineh

I hope it goes well, I think I’m in 2 nights then if I’m we’ll enough back home.
I’m so busy at the moment I keep forgetting what’s coming up. Then I remember and get so excited! Start of a whole new life!.
Oh to be slim... and be able to walk in any shop and buy what I want!