• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet problem

Baby goose

Hi I have a big problem my surgery date is 7/12/13 I was due to start milk diet for 2 weeks as directed by my surgeon as of today but I was prescribed antibiotics yesterday for a leg infection ! Problem is I Have to eat with the pills and as everyone know I'm only allowed milk I'm so worried my surgery has already been put back once before and I'm worried it will happen again , my antibiotics are for 7 days 4 tablets per day does any one had advise should I ring my hospital and explain . please help any advice would be great

audrasharon

As long as you take your Antibiotics after you have drank a large glass of milk that will be fine. I presume your taking Flucloxacillin as that is the norm with Cellulitis (which is what it sounds like). If your still worried speak to the pharmacist for advise they should say the same. Good luck! X
P.S (was talking with my nurse head not my weight loss surgery patient head) :)

Baby goose

Thank you very much for advice I'm taking erythromycin 4 times a day 500 mg but haven spoken to my hospital have been advised milk with these pills is just fine so you were right. Have just under 2 weeks until op so been told the infection should b long gone so that's great news . Thank you once again for advice and take care xxxx

audrasharon

Thank you very much for advice I'm taking erythromycin 4 times a day 500 mg but haven spoken to my hospital have been advised milk with these pills is just fine so you were right. Have just under 2 weeks until op so been told the infection should b long gone so that's great news . Thank you once again for advice and take care xxxx

That's great news don't be surprised if you get loose stool as they are a strong AB, but when I was on the milk diet I was constipated so that may work out to your advantage. I did 15 day milk diet the. Was cancelled due to cold/cough do remember its not the end of the world if it has to be delayed just bloody annoying! I think your be fine!! X

Val

Committed Weight Loser
I hope you get well soon and ready for your Op xxx