• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet side effects (Don't read if you're squeamish!)

Yvessa

Hi guys,

I am now a full week on the milk diet and am finding that I am still having horrendous diarrhoea, so bad in fact that I am signed off work and don't feel that I can go back until its over.

Has anyone experienced similar symptoms, or do you reckon I should ring up the hospital clinic? I am planning to see my GP as an emergency on Monday anyhow.

Hi guys,

I am now a full week on the milk diet and am finding that I am still having horrendous diarrhoea, so bad in fact that I am signed off work and don't feel that I can go back until its over.

Has anyone experienced similar symptoms, or do you reckon I should ring up the hospital clinic? I am planning to see my GP as an emergency on Monday anyhow.
You're probably lactose or dairy intolerant especially in such big quantities.
Could try some loperamide (immodium) to help combat runs (codiene based painkillers can help as well but watch they don't constipate you).
Your GP should also probably check bloods (kidney function) as you will probably have dropped your potassium levels as well.
Not sure if your milk diet is like the one we do at my hospital (10 days) but if it is and includes fruit/yogurt then have a banana and orange daily which help maintain potassium level.

Sorry hun but it had completely the opposite effect for me :(

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Okay will speak to doctor and see if he suggests lactose free for me as well

Thanks!

I just want to say a massive thank you as per the advice given I have tried lactofree milk and oh my gosh! What a difference!

I,m glad its madea difference for you. I,m on a milk diet now and had no runny poo's lol. Just severe hunger pains which have passed now.

Good luck for your Op

I was really lucky in that sense; have never felt hungry or dizzy on the milk diet. Little tired, but that might just be because I'm staying up later than usual as I am not having to go to work.

I just want to say a massive thank you as per the advice given I have tried lactofree milk and oh my gosh! What a difference!
Thats what this site if for hun, we can all offer some helpful advice at times.

Back