• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

milk diet

charley1987

im on my first day of milk diet and feeling hungry i no thats normal but i also have a head ache and feel a bit pants how did anyine else feel in the milk diet.

I should be havin a gastric bypass at the beginning part of next year xx

im on my first day of milk diet and feeling hungry i no thats normal but i also have a head ache and feel a bit pants how did anyine else feel in the milk diet.

Am i missing something here ? - why are you doing the milk diet now when your not due to have your op till next year - thats just pure masocism ;)

Some hospitals like patients to do the milk diet for a month first to prove they are serious bout wls and to lose some weight b4 their next app then they get changed over to do a diff diet.

Last edited:
Losing a bit of weight pre your op is absolutely the right thing to do and is getting your head in the right frame of mind and place, but suffering on a liquid replacement diet will in my opinion just lead to failure. Instead why not just cut down a little on what your eating and the amount, go for healthier options instead of the fat rich sugar laiden foods, you can and will lose weight but just a bit slower than on a liquid replacement diet, plus you'll have a better time of it........ save the liquid diet for the pre op, trust me thats hell enough :D

Some hospitals like patients to do the milk diet for a month first to prove they are serious bout wls and to lose some weight b4 their next app then they get changed over to do a diff diet.
The symptoms you are having are very normal, make sure u drink loads and it will take maybe the best part of 4/5 days till u start feeling a bit better and have some more energy.
Good luck xxx

No doubt this is why so many people fail to stick to the pre op diets, and to be honest its crap, no dietician worth anything would recomend a liquid replacement diet as they just do not work ! - we do a week or two week pre op liquid diet purely to drain the glycogen and fluids from the liver to shrink it enough for surgery, its not a long term recomendation !

No doubt this is why so many people fail to stick to the pre op diets, and to be honest its crap, no dietician worth anything would recomend a liquid replacement diet as they just do not work ! - we do a week or two week pre op liquid diet purely to drain the glycogen and fluids from the liver to shrink it enough for surgery, its not a long term recomendation !

I agree with what you are saying but at the end of the day if that is what certain hospitals are asking patients to do then they really dont have much choice unfortunately, as we all know if we are having surgery on the Nhs a lot of us have to jump through hoops to get our surgery.
I will be doing CD for 4 weeks pre op for my liver shrinkage diet but at least their are things like porridge and bars as well as shakes and i will be on 1000 cals a day.

The symptoms you are having are very normal, make sure u drink loads of water and other allowed fluids to keep u hydrated and it will take maybe the best part of 4 days till u start feeling a bit better and have some more energy, the headache is most prob withdrawal headache but will soon go.
Good luck xxx

im on the diet till the 2nd of november which is very long in my eyes and i dont no why they are making me do it but they must have there reasons.
I have to lose a stone befor then with i think can be done in less than a month on not eating, shall i ring the hospital once i reach my goal to c if i am able to starting eatin again on the milk and food diet xx

im on the diet till the 2nd of november which is very long in my eyes and i dont no why they are making me do it but they must have there reasons.
I have to lose a stone befor then with i think can be done in less than a month on not eating, shall i ring the hospital once i reach my goal to c if i am able to starting eatin again on the milk and food diet xx

that is very strange, to put you on the milke diet then stop! you can easiy regain what you will loose by the time you have your surgery. If you go back to eating normally for the next 3/months your liver will just go back to how it was before the milk diet. x good luck

that is very strange, to put you on the milke diet then stop! you can easiy regain what you will loose by the time you have your surgery. If you go back to eating normally for the next 3/months your liver will just go back to how it was before the milk diet. x good luck

It will take a few days of regular eating for the liver to regain its glycogen stores again, so as a liver shrinking diet i can see no point in her doing this other than to prove that she can lose weight before her op, though it makes no sense to put someone on a diet that the medical profession clearly knows does not work ! and going on and off the diet will make you regain and probably more.

I lost a stone before my pre op started just by cutting the crap out of my daily diet, i didn't starve myself just cut down on what i was eating and the quantity and i only had 3 weeks between my consultation and operation ! so it can be done.
As Roch says the NHS work in weird and wondeful ways, though sounds like some form of tourture to me

Back