• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet

karenlouisemee

Hi and good evening to you all i will be having my surgery soon and i have heard everyone chatting about the milk ang yoghurt diet as i will possibly be following this myself i would like to know what this consists of in a day thanks for the help karen x:confused:

3 pints of milk and 2 low fat yoghurts. Any milk for tea/coffee is to be taken out of the allowance. Drink as much water/diet fizzy drinks as you want.

More to the point though.... when you say you are having your surgery soon, how soon is soon? All I'm really asking is, why hasn't your surgery provider spoken to you about this?

Hi I am on the milk diet at the moment. Mine consists of 5 pints of semi-skimmed milk, 1 or 2 oxo cubes, 1 or 2 fybogel, 1 multi vitamin tablet and 2 pints of low calorie fluid a day. On top of this I can have up to 3 sticks of sugar free chewing gum and 1 sachet of sugar free jelly a day.

Hi I am on the milk diet at the moment. Mine consists of 5 pints of semi-skimmed milk, 1 or 2 oxo cubes, 1 or 2 fybogel, 1 multi vitamin tablet and 2 pints of low calorie fluid a day. On top of this I can have up to 3 sticks of sugar free chewing gum and 1 sachet of sugar free jelly a day.

i am on a very similar one....mine is 4 pints of milk though and no fybogel (whatever that is lol)

I can't believe how much all these pre-op diets vary! Makes you wonder on what basis the diets are worked out.

Are they individually tailored to the patient, I wonder? If that's the case it's very important to follow the advice given by your own dietician.

I can't believe how much all these pre-op diets vary! Makes you wonder on what basis the diets are worked out.

Are they individually tailored to the patient, I wonder? If that's the case it's very important to follow the advice given by your own dietician.

i think each hospital must have it's own preference, with back up options in case a person doesn't get along with one of them

I like milk but i can see myself being put off it quite alot just the thought makes me gag. but i will do anything to be healthier. im waiting now for my pre op appointment thanks for answering my question guys

Walsall is either 3 pints milk and two yogurts, sf squash, water NO FIZZY anything or 2 pints and 3/4 yogs etc
or food one

I'm doing the 2 pints and upto 4 yogs but find I actually have 2/3 not been too hungry but have had a small muffin as son had made it at school for mothers day bless him couldnt resist his insistance and crying so gave in as he dont no why cant have it because not told him but did cut out bit milk and a yog then went for walk round town today here's hoping not totally blown it for tues

xx

I have just gone on the diet and am on 5 pints of milk a day, i am finding it difficult to consume this amount of milk, to make it a little easier on myself I am using sugar free milkshake liquid instead of squash.

Hi I'm on day 6 of yogurt diet now lost 2.8kg already mine consists of 2 yogurts 2 pints milk and unlimited sugar free liquids oxo juice diet Pepsi etc 10 days til surgery and can't wait :)

I am on the milk diet. I have to have 4pints of semi skimmed milk, one oxo cube and a sachet of sugar free jelly a day, and also at least 1 litre if not more of water/ nas squash etc.

I am finding it good, have got my self into a routine with it and have my oxo drink and a portion of the jelly for lunch

I did well on the milk diet - struggled to drink the 5 pints as prescribed. To get through the milk quota I used a pint with the sugar free jelly - which was a nice treat. I lost 2.5 stone in eight weeks.

Pamala

I'm struggling with 1 pint of milk makin me feel sick now same with yogurts couldn't stomach 1 yesterday was making me heave!!

Back