• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet

misscharlie

So yesturday was day 2 of the milk diet. I'd very nearly stuck to it, but then this morning at 5 o clock I woke up choking on bile. I went to bathroom, and kept bring it up. I ate a bread roll, and it calmed it all down. Now I feel fine. I'm just not sure I should carry on the milk diet. x

So yesturday was day 2 of the milk diet. I'd very nearly stuck to it, but then this morning at 5 o clock I woke up choking on bile. I went to bathroom, and kept bring it up. I ate a bread roll, and it calmed it all down. Now I feel fine. I'm just not sure I should carry on the milk diet. x

Hello there

When is your surgery??? If you dont carry on with the milk diet there is every chance your operation would be cancelled due too not enough liver shrinkage. Start a new with the milk diet, it could just be coincidence that you was fine after you ate the bread, things could have been ok on there own . If it happens again speak to your provider about what is happening, perhaps you could be intolerant to milk.

I wish you all the best in what ever you decide.

All the best - MeJulie x x

my surgery is in 17 days and yesterday i was at the hospital and told themi cant do the milk diet as it upsets my stomach to much so thay have put me on a low carb diet where i can eat as mush meat eggs cheese and veg as iwant but no high carb food so no bread , pasta, rice , cereal or potatoes, i only have to have 1/2 a pint of milk a day

My surgery is a week sunday. I just think it may be too late to swap to the other diet offered? I'm sticking to it this morning anyways and see how I get on, Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else? x

Hiya, my op is the day after yours, and I am to do a week of the low cal pre op diet, which I start on Sunday. Hope you are feeling ok now, and no more sickness xxxx

Hope you cope with the milk diet, and not sick anymore! It could be your body not used to the change of diet.. good luck anyway xx

My surgery is a week sunday. I just think it may be too late to swap to the other diet offered? I'm sticking to it this morning anyways and see how I get on, Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else? x

Miss Charlie i did the other diet with the Manor and was only on it for a week before they did my surgery so i would think you'll be fine to change now! Be warned though it is harsh xxx

My surgery is a week sunday. I just think it may be too late to swap to the other diet offered?

I beg you not to ask here for advice like that as although loads of people have been through it, I'd imagine that almost none of them are qualified to answer it. Please just call your dietician, bariatric nurse or patient support line as that's what they're there for.

I don't know if it's a "scare story" but I am told that certain surgeons are known to abort the operation if the liver hasn't sufficiently shrunk. Why risk it when you've got so far? Providing you don't call up drunk at 2am on a Sunday morning I'm sure your support team will be happy to answer any questions and make appropriate recommendations for your specific needs.

Regards, Ade.

I beg you not to ask here for advice like that as although loads of people have been through it, I'd imagine that almost none of them are qualified to answer it. Please just call your dietician, bariatric nurse or patient support line as that's what they're there for.

I don't know if it's a "scare story" but I am told that certain surgeons are known to abort the operation if the liver hasn't sufficiently shrunk. Why risk it when you've got so far? Providing you don't call up drunk at 2am on a Sunday morning I'm sure your support team will be happy to answer any questions and make appropriate recommendations for your specific needs.

Regards, Ade.

Thats if you can get them on the phone! Walsall are notorious for being evasive when you try to phone them

Thank you for all your advice. It seems to be the yoghurts giving me horrid indegestion. I am already on some meds for it, so will just have to try and tie it all in. I'm sticking with the milk diet for now. I'm starting to panic now though about the my liver been too big, so I'm gonna call them tomorrow. Its hard though, as I have to prepare 7 meals a day! 2 kids eating different things, and a OH that I have to start cooking at 9pm for as he dont like his food warmed up! But I'm keeping at it and fingers crossed my liver will be nice and small and pink! If not I'll have a nervous breakdown!

How did u all manage with family meal times? 9 days to go :D x

My kids are very resourceful and coped quite well when i didn't cook something we could all eat!

Otherwise, let em starve lol xx

Hey Miss Charlie

How did you get on with the milk diet yesterday? I know u sed the yogurts gave u a bit of gyp , but was u ok with the milk??

All the best - MeJulie x x

Charlie
I was given the option of the skimmed milk diet and was told by my dietition that if it made me sick try semi skimmed and dont drink it too cold. I couldnt do it and went on to the slimfast diet of 5 ready made bottles of slimfast per day, which worked for me
Good luck to you all on your ops

Hi There, I'm on day 4 of the milk diet and doing fine. I cannot believe that I don't feel hungry. I do like milk, so that helps. My worst experience was coming home late one night and eating my jelly - which was cold - and gave me simultaneous toothache in all my teeth : / So, I've cut out the jellies and am just varying my milk intake with teas and coffees as well. One real bonus of this is that I have more time to do things. My husband looks after his own food, so I am saving time on shopping, cooking and washing up. Well, and on eating I suppose ! I've been doing jobs that have been hanging around for weeks and I seem to have bags of energy, though when I do sink into the settee I'm usually asleep within seconds ! I've got my op on the 14th so only another 10 days, 12 hours and 17 minutes to go ! Good luck with the diet and the op !
Soupie. X

Sorry, that post was a bit me, me, me ! I was hoping to encourage you but it kinda came out as - look at me, I'm wonderful. I do wish you luck and I was really sorry to hear of your experiences which is why I rushed to post. Fingers ahead of brain again !

Thanks everyone :D x

Well My 2 little ones are 3 and 1. They both have to be spoon fed still really. (I know at 3 he should be eating on his own he can, but never eats dinners!), and there's been a couple of occasions when I'm testing if the foods too hot for the tiny one I've forgotten myself. I've been on the scales this morning and have lost about 4lbs so far, so at least its a start. I decided to have just the 1 yoghurt a day, an increase the milk. Seems to be working ok. The bovril a god send! x

I've woken up this morning to feeling nervous. I mean OMG a week today??!!! I am a little unprepared even though I've been waiting a year! I have no bag ready. I need to make preparations this week! x

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :D x

Well My 2 little ones are 3 and 1. They both have to be spoon fed still really. (I know at 3 he should be eating on his own he can, but never eats dinners!), and there's been a couple of occasions when I'm testing if the foods too hot for the tiny one I've forgotten myself. I've been on the scales this morning and have lost about 4lbs so far, so at least its a start. I decided to have just the 1 yoghurt a day, an increase the milk. Seems to be working ok. The bovril a god send! x

Glad the milk seems to be working for you, dont forget about yourself ;) Lol

I've woken up this morning to feeling nervous. I mean OMG a week today??!!! I am a little unprepared even though I've been waiting a year! I have no bag ready. I need to make preparations this week! x

Good luck and speedy recovery 4 u - Wish you all the best Hun x x:D All the best - MeJulie x x

Well done with the weight loss so far. The nerves haven't kicked in for me yet but I still have 3 weeks to go, so fully expecting it some time soon. Good luck will be thinking of you.

Just an update really on the diet. I feel awful this morning. Like no energy and my muscles are aching. Everything is taking double the effort. I dont think I'm having my full liquid amount and I am trying to up this today. x

Back