• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

milk diet

Try and make it a bit interesing by adding different essences's and also you can make milk jelly.by making it up half water half milk. And milk to an oxo cube for a soupey type drink. Good luck hune. Start mine 1st of Dec. Keep us posted.

i tried bovril friday, not overly keen but i gotta drink it ....any ideas how much i can get away with having? lol i will keep you posted thanks hun....good luck for yours :) xx

I didn't have any during my milk diet because its vile. I did try different stock cubes and found knorr cube for lamb quite herby, but after 2 attempts gave up on that too!

I used to find making my NAS jellys purely with milk and no water was a great way of using the milk allowance and was also quite filling, its too watery I found if you do a milk/water combination. And if I found I was feeling quite hungry I would actually have my yoghurt along with jelly cos it was quite filling.

Other tip . . .stick with it . . .you may get a difficult time around day 3/4 but hang in there :)

I started my milk diet today, gutted im not allowed yogurt just four pints of milk one salty drink and one jelly sachet a day but my tip i poured it out into three pots so I can eat it any time of the day.

Top tip, stick with it, as the result in a couple of weeks time is worth it. Don't stress over these two weeks too much, I found that eventually I wasn't getting hungry and the milk filled me up, and I was only having 4 pints a day instead of 5 by the end of it.

I never used to drink milk before this journey and now I can't get enough of the stuff.

Fresh is best, but with long life milk I add NAS Crusha syrup.

I'm on an impromptu week on liquids following a stomach bleed so you are not alone.

Lots of milk and a couple of plain yoghurts a day is all on the menu for me about 4 months post-op!

Good Luck :rolleyes:

well first day almost over lol :) i will defo stick with it, i am keeping my end goal in sight.....feel ok ish been weeing lots today which is unlike me hehe gonna have my chicken bovril around 5pm and some jelly for dessert :p belly grumbled a bit earlier but i shut it up with pg tips haha ! thanks everyone xx

been a little bit more hungry today, but kept busy pottering about at home thanks hun! Lovely blackcurrant jelly today :p looking forward to dinner time, hope iv drunk enough other fluids...i think i have x how are things with you ? x

It can be quite hard getting those fluids in when you're drinking all that milk (hence why I lived on milk jellies lol), also if you make up a milkshake, you can always if you're having yoghurt mix one with milk, use ice and mix it in a smoothie maker (one that crushes ice) and it makes it a lot thicker so is more filling too :)

Another tip hune put a Muller lite yog in the freezer fot an hour not longer. Give it a stir it goes thick like a mousse its quite nice keep going hune I am cheering you on hune you can do.it. just picture you in sixonths time. Thinking.of you hune.

thanks for the tips :) feeling hungrier today- or maybe its in my mind lol ! im gonna try the ice, milk and crusha tip cos that sounds good :p thanks for the support hun but im not allowed yoghurts....oooh how i wish for a toffee mullerlight :p heheh xXx blackcurrant jelly time soon ........

well been to preop and three guesses ....will be doing milk diet too only for a week but im gonna do ten days i think just to kickstart me ...so from the 7th.good luck funky ....just keep going xxxx

I started the milk diet yesterday after my appointment on Friday and well my bladder is sooo full I go then like two minutes I have to go again it is driving me mad and I have 4 more weeks of this left yet. I am not struggling as much as I thought I would I dont really like Jelly so I have tried tonight to make the jelly into a milk jelly. But I think it is easier to stick to as we know what the end result will be and we have something to aim for. Im not allowed yogurts either just 4 pints of milk and one salty drink and one sachet of jelly and additional 2 litres of drink which i havent been able to do. I find it harder in the evenings about 6.30 as I still have to cook for the other half but I just get by with a peg on my nose and skinny picture of me on the fridge to remind me of the finished outcome. Keep it up xx

thinnerjemima - dont actually think iv ever wee'd so much in all me life haha
highspirit, thats not a bad idea, and working out my dates i think i actually started it a day early ooopsie haha! aww well im not to bad with it so far, day 3 tomorrow lets see how that goes :) x
becky2381 - iv never known my bladder to be so full, lol its good for us though apparently, all i keep saying is my liver best be the size of an egg or summat haha :D
Awww wow cooking for some one else must be torture lol good for you girly keep at it :) xxx

Becky, just a tip if you do find it hard to cook especially if you're having a hungry day (I had to cook for my DS and the smell of garlic bread was incredibly tempting . . .) but if you can, cook a couple of meals in one go, plate one up so that it can be reheated by him the following day, that way, you dont have to be in the kitchen so much and it helps to make it easier. I prepared some frozen home made lasagne for my son for the week after my surgery too, as well as a couple of other things that were literally almost ready. It really helps not to have to hang around out there cooking when you can't actually eat :)

Topkat, thats a really good idea! And one I shall be implementing when its my turn to do the Milk Diet :)

Funky, you're doing well! Keep it up, we're all rooting for you :D

thanks day 3 few hunger pangs, maybe its in the mind or cos i no i cant eat lol :) struggling to find any no added sugar crusha, but hoping to get some soon, and got some veg stock to try instead of the bovril :) x x

Back