• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

milk diet

Sounds like we are all doing great :eek:

Becky - wowza 4 weeks on the milk diet then presumably a couple of weeks on fluid afterwards, you are going to have forgotten how to chew! I had problems post-op so spent 5 weeks on liquids.

I had forgotten just how much the milk diet not only bungs me up, but produces such amazing quantities of .... :eek: Considering it's only liquid where does it all come from :D I'm beginning to know what childbirth feels like. Am also taking Fybogel daily!

Pre-op I cooked a cauldron of curry and chilli for my other half, then he just had to microwave them from the freezer. One night he had something that I really liked, so I went out! I can't eat it now, and don't really miss it funnily enough.

Just one more day to go for me, I'll probably be missing milk then, I really like it now

Well i defo wasnt bunged up on the first day :O sorry lol!! but iv got some pills if i do get bunged up! but i have been weeing for england :D

In my paperwork (I think thats where I read it!) it says about Milk of Magnesia for relieving 'bunged up'. I did get some, but for some reason, I thought it was used to stop you being sick....any thoughts anyone??

yeah i read that in my book to widdershins :/ mums given me some other pills to help and i am getting a bit bunged up now so thinking i may take one tomorrow, see how it goes! im on day 4 yaaay :) my nephews just had lunch and chocolate in front of me and i didnt jump them haha! tonight will be interesting...of to support group in a pub restaurant haha :) xx

Crikey, dunno if Id cope going to a pub restaurant! Think it would tip me over the edge, so personally, Id avoid!!!

How did it go?

It was actually not to bad, lol i had bottle of water and 2 cups of tea :) the food smelt sooo good but i just shut it out my mind best i could, it was nice to go and get a bit of support n a good chat :) went to shop this morning and had a cheeky weigh in a gp surgery, down 8.8lbs since my pre op weigh in on 24th and on day 5 of milk today :) x

ThinnerJemina I havent had to opp yet I have been put on the milk diet until I go back on the 3rd Dec and providing i have lost 5% then they will write off to get a date for surgery and in between I will be put on a low carb diet so i will learn to chew again.

Funky24 Suger Free Crusha yes I also found a nightmere finding you need to go to a larger supermaket I found it in Sainsbury and Asda both out of my area if not you can buy it on line for the same price but buy plenty as I am finding I am getting through them pretty quickly.

becky2381 - i really struggled to find it, buuut eventually managed to find it in a morrisons, so got the strawberry and raspberry, have discovered i dont like the raspberry one so brought more strawberry one yesterday :) yeah it does go down quickly dont it, hopefully what i have left now should be enough!! xxx

Hi Funky24 hows your milk diet going. Have you suffered with many headaches yet. I am back on Tuesday 27th for yet another meeting with the dietrition and hopefully put on the maintainence diet while I wait for a date for surgery. They was going to write off for buddy support and to my GP to refer me to the mental health team but yet again not heard anything on either of these so hope this doesnt hold up my surgery. As they say I turn to food in times of hard ship but so much do they know I was going through a break up with my husband and a review under work and yet I have stuck to my milk diet. You will be pleased to know husband and I are now fine though review not too sure about yet. xx

Try and make it a bit interesing by adding different essences's and also you can make milk jelly.by making it up half water half milk. And milk to an oxo cube for a soupey type drink. Good luck hune. Start mine 1st of Dec. Keep us posted.

i start mine around the 1st dec for my op on 29th... how do you feel about the festive season ajusting to ur new band?

I started the milk diet yesterday after my appointment on Friday and well my bladder is sooo full I go then like two minutes I have to go again it is driving me mad and I have 4 more weeks of this left yet. I am not struggling as much as I thought I would I dont really like Jelly so I have tried tonight to make the jelly into a milk jelly. But I think it is easier to stick to as we know what the end result will be and we have something to aim for. Im not allowed yogurts either just 4 pints of milk and one salty drink and one sachet of jelly and additional 2 litres of drink which i havent been able to do. I find it harder in the evenings about 6.30 as I still have to cook for the other half but I just get by with a peg on my nose and skinny picture of me on the fridge to remind me of the finished outcome. Keep it up xx

little bit panicked with all this talk of wee...i work on a switchboad and have to arrange cover everytime i need the loo and i have a long walk out of my building and across campus to my nearest toilet :/

becky2381 on day 13 of my milk diet i got rushed to a&e, op was meant to be 13th november, was cancelled!
all in all the milk diet wasnt to bad, bit boring lol few little headaches and very tired but just keep the fluids up, and try blitzing milk ice and crusha makes a thick frothy shake! yummy x

The loo trips - wow iv never wee'd so much in my life haha x

Funky24 oh not what happened really sorry to hear that, do they have a new date for you. Most people on here no when their dates are going to be but yet I havent been given a date I go back tomorrow and providing I have lost 5% which I have they will then write to my surgeon and then I assume I will then get a date go on the maintenance diet while waiting then back on the milk diet two weeks prior to surgery.

ChunkyMonkey25 oh wow thats not long away at all. At least you have a date I got put on the milk diet then providing i lost 5% then they would write away for a date for me so will know more tomorrow or NOT... Wee breaks they are not that bad but I would seriously go when you need to I found I was going nearly every 20 minutes.

becky2381 i had a 26mm gallstone trapped in the neck of my gallbladder and acute cholecystitis - (infection) was very poorly, home now and still having few problems went to gp today and got more pills she thinks infection is still lingering and im still inflamed =( more bloods wednesday! x

And spoke to st richards they will do op when i am all better and they have recieved all info from recent hospital stay, and lady at loxwood centre said it will be ''well into the new year now'' when ever that is......lol x

Back