• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

milk diet

ewww curled crusha yuk. Hi Funky24 hopefully will be end Dec Jan just got to push my GP to get me a referral to Mental Health Team as they want me to be seen at least once prior to surgery although I dont need it but they feel I do, I am more focussed now I have lost over 5% and start to see a difference in me.

The first couple off days are the hardest but it will go by and a short time in your life to start a new one try milky coffee and frozen yoghurts but just stay focused and you'll be ok
Good luck

another tip i hear , milk and crusha and freeze makes like a mini milk - dunno what its lke didnt get chance to try it lol but might work, glad to hear your news becky, i had to do bout 6 months with mental health before i could apply for funding! new yr new start for you! good luck xx

It makes great frozen mini milks :D as does freezing muller lights for a while. Keep checking it every 10 mins, give it a stir to avoid it turning to ice crystals. But the mint choc one then tastes like mint choc ice cream :)

Funky24 dont say that nooooo. I have been told they are happy for me to be seen once along side surgery I am fine I dont even need a referral why they felt they had to do it and it was a visiting lady who wrote the letter so she was tough on me.

i wasnt allowed yoghurts...but i am sooo trying that next week!! :p nommm!

aww sorry becky lol im sure it will be fine everywhere is so different, i had to see dietician as well before funding, and my only condition the surgeon said to have the bypass was if we could set up some counselling in place ready incase i need it post op (as i may struggle to ask for help, judging on what i told them) - not a bad condition cos any help i can get post op will be fantastic xx

Hi Funky24 Funding got approved straight away for me. I have finally managed to get hold of the Mental Health Team and they have my referral today so it will be a case now of just knowing when I will be seen. I also heard from hospital today and they are happy for me to go ahead with my appointment in Dec to meet with Surgeon and have my ECG so still looks like surgery will be Jan beginning Feb so it isnt that long to wait yay. I am allowed yogurts now I can use 1/3 of my milk allowance instead but im not allowed food as well. I dont think the piece of chocolate cake was allowed but I just wont have my tea tonight I needed it had a very very bad day :-( x

ChunkyMonkey25 oh wow thats not long away at all. At least you have a date I got put on the milk diet then providing i lost 5% then they would write away for a date for me so will know more tomorrow or NOT... Wee breaks they are not that bad but I would seriously go when you need to I found I was going nearly every 20 minutes.

i know, i cant wait. its privately funded with THG, i was going to go after xmas but worked out cheaper b4.
they wont operate if on the day i get there and havent lost at least 5kg (about 10lbs) while on the milk diet.

I tried the slimfast today, thought i was gonna throw up, its disgusting.
im not opting for the 2pints of milk, 1 oxo drink, 2 yoghurts and low cal/sugar fluids.

will see I we get on over the next 4 weeks how it goes and how much i lose :)

sorry to hear you had a bad day becky! we all have them, dont get disheartened tomorrow is a new day stay positive! :) thats great about your op, we may be done round the same time hehe x iv gotta go get bloods done somewhere else, probably tuesday and then can hopefully get things moving again....so pray for good results lol x

Funky24 fingers crossed your bloods are all good. I spoke with the mental health team yesterday they have my referral and I will be rining them in a minute to see which team I will be seen by. I also got a call to say I will go back Dec to have an ECG so fingers crossed that will be ok which hospital are you based at?

hiya becky, 5 attempts for my blood and got nothing!! :/ so booked into the other medical centre now on wednesday for them to try lol glad things are moving in the right direction for you, im in kent but my op is gonna be at st richards, chichester, with guy slater xx

Hiya I'm getting banded tomorrow, eeeeek!! I never had to do the pre op milk diet but for me all that starts tomorrow. I'm going to be on liquids for four weeks!! I hope you get your dates soon x

hiya hun the medical centre refused to do it cos she couldnt feel a vein , but went back to gp and she finally got some, get my results on 13th xxx

Hi ladies sorry Have not.been on this thread been really really poorly and had to stop milk diet. And so am doing low cal diet till 25th dec then for last 14days am doing milk diet. Docs orders. Am a tad.better and will.hopefully ok and back to normal in a few more days.

Heya hun, im now just waiting for the doctor to write to st richards...xmas post may get in the way, im gonna leave it a while and call them see if they recieved it, guessing that will now be after xmas ?!? Still got the sickness etc but keep taking me pills lol x hope your well x

Back