• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk Diet

Tracey

Hi I'm Tracey I'm 48 and due to have gastric sleeve on Tuesday (3rdMay)... I'm on day 9 of the milk diet and I'm now struggling to finish the 4 pints I'm supposed to drink.
Is this a problem ?? I feel ok just can't drink all the milk I'm not a milk lover and have been drinking lots of milky coffees.
Have stuck to it 100% and have lost 14lbs already.
Also the fybogel is doing nothing can I take other laxatives??
I'm new to this and have read all the forum then thought why am I not talking to people who are going through the same.
Thanks in advance
Tracey X (Chelmsford Essex)

Well done with the weight loss ! That's a brilliant reward for your hard work !

I'm 3 weeks post Banded and I crunch on Senecot pills every other day for now until my diet is better .
Don't forget you don't have any food gong in , so your not going to get much coming out ..
Do you feel backed up ? Or think that you are getting bunged up because you havnt gone ?

Welcome to a brilliant forum , sit right down , pull up a chair and ask anything ! Someone , somewhere on here will know the answer ..

Thanks for the reply .. As you said I've only got milk and sugar free jelly inside me .. I feel a bit bloated today.
Just concerned that I can't drink all the milk now I could in week one ... Hope it doesn't affect my liver shrinking. Am going to have a look around the forum to see what everyone else is talking about .. So glad I joined xx

Does your team say it has to be just milk and jelly? Ours say we can swap a pint of milk for 2 law fat yoghurts is all but I know everywhere has different rules.

Ooops! I feel mean now :confused: if it helps I promise I'll hate them by day 5 ok :)

Does your team say it has to be just milk and jelly? Ours say we can swap a pint of milk for 2 law fat yoghurts is all but I know everywhere has different rules.
I don't like milk and only have it in coffee, is there different diets offered do you know?

You will have to check with your team on that
Xxxx

I hate milk hence the struggle I'm having but I have been making milky coffees all day long and using milk in my jelly instead of water ....
I had a slimfast option but worked out very expensive as you can only have made up bottles,you can't buy the tin and make your own.
There is a food option as well very small and I didn't think I'd stick to that and could possibly overeat and I'd be gutted if surgery cancelled due to fat liver .. from what I've seen on here everywhere is different but all have same affect
Good luck with whatever you are given
I'm day 11 today and struggling but only 3 days to go xxxx

Keep it going Tracey .. Your nearer to the end than you were at the beginning . That finish line is in your reach .. It will,all be worth it I promise you .. Your going to be fighting fit for that surgery and that is essential .. Did you make some milk jelly ?
Mindy
Xx

I take my hat off to you Tracey (and everyone else who has done it). Like you I would only be drinking milky coffee. You've done marvellously well and as Mindy said you are almost there - fantastic job!!!!

Hi. Can I ask. Were you given your op date before you started your milk diet then? I've been put on 4 weeks of this and there has t been much talk about the op let alone a date?xx

Oh I see. That's rather odd then. I booked my next app there and the and its with the nurse so maybe she will tell me more. How are you doing now? Did everything go ok for you?xx

I'm 18 wks sleeve now
I've lost 6st 3lbs and it was the best thing I've had done .... I had no problems BUT there are people on here who have not had it so good after the op or have had trouble eating... losing weight etc ... but are OK now...and also the support on here is fantastic and someone will always know the answer to any questions xxx

Back