• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

milk diet

Im on it at the moment, i can have 2 low fat low sugar yogurts (muller lights) and 3 pints of semi/skimmed milk per day. I can have coffee or tea with my milk allowance but no sugar, and sugar free squash, and diet fizzy drinks, and thats it, usually for 10days.
But every surgeon has his own pre-op diet.

I was on 2 yoghurts (Mullerlight) and 2 pints of milk a day. It is really hard but you have to remain focussed. I put vanilla essence into milk so it tasted like milk shake. Sometimes I was like "just get me through the next hour" but I didn't cheat at all - which is nothing short of amazing! Try and space out what you are drinking/eating.

Good luck!

Oh yes - the first 3 days are really the worst. I was told this a lot by experienced people here. I did not believe it during the first 3 days - but after that I realised they were right and the worst was over. I'm not sure why this is the case though.

my milk diet .....of sorts....starts on thursday

Hi there, my pre op diet is slim fast 1000 cals
so ....3 shakes/ smoothies and a soup per day and a snack bar..same tea/coffee no sugar or NO cal squash...:D

I am at york hospital...seems like they differ all over the Uk

can I say...:gimi:.I am looking forward to it..[without being laughted at or shot by people online for my happiness at the slim fast method]...perhaps this will change 3 days in....

I am so excitted to be on my journey that its still an adventure....someone remind me of this after a week of diet ...hahaha:p

:553: glad we all share the same thoughts and experiences....

I am more scared of the pain after the op than anything..being a super softy.....:wave_cry:

take care

Juni

Oh yes - the first 3 days are really the worst. I was told this a lot by experienced people here. I did not believe it during the first 3 days - but after that I realised they were right and the worst was over. I'm not sure why this is the case though.

Day 4 your body goes into kitosis. A process where body fat is burned to provide calories needed by the body to perform basic functions - messages are also sent to the brain basically saying that you are full, so the feelings of hunger disapear. You can buy kitostix which you pee on to confirm you are in kitosis. Kitosis is what you need to be on for weight loss to occur on LCDs (low calorie diets) such as Lighterlife (my last diet attempt)!!

Back