• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk over food.

witchingmoon

I have had some problems with my eating and have been banned from cal counting. I do find I enjoy some foods but I want Milk over food. I don't have breakfast I have a glass of milk. I will have a glass of milk instead of food some meals. I would be very happy to not eat at all and just have milk to live off but I know this isn't an option. Does any one else feel like this?

you doing brill, i did drink a lot of milk on the pre op but if in the early days after my op i had spare protein to use i did have milk but mainly use with cereal or in tea or coffee or porridge whateva its working for you but you have to get a balance of solids as well xx

I quite often go back to milk if I'm having a rough day with the pouch. I struggle to eat in the morning still so it's pretty much essential for me.

I am glad it isn't just me. My team told me off for having days with just milk but one day I was ill and really couldn't get food in. Other days my pouch hurts and sorry but I wont eat if I am in pain.
Thank you for making me feel more 'normal' lol.

witchingmoon said:
I am glad it isn't just me. My team told me off for having days with just milk but one day I was ill and really couldn't get food in. Other days my pouch hurts and sorry but I wont eat if I am in pain.
Thank you for making me feel more 'normal' lol.

Sounds like common sense to me Vikki :)

Sounds like common sense to me Vikki :)

Shhh not so loud my hubby might here and I have him believing I never had common sense lol.

I think it's hard when we need to do what our team says but when it is hurting you it just isn't possable. Sometimes I wish they had gone through the op so they could understand what it's like.

I can't tolerate milk and sometimes I just drink water. I do understand not wanting to eat though I have no appetite at all. I miss the foods I used to eat - namely chocolate and crisps. Sigh.

Sorry to be the one to say this but I think you are setting yourself up for trouble.What if you become Lactose intolerant and cant eat anything at all?
Milk alone is just going right through you and your stomach as small as it is,is getting used to being empty.Hence not feeling hungry.Your team would not advocate being without proper food.You will be missing on vital nutrients ie protien,carbs,minerals and vitamins etc.We only absorb about 50% of our intake so you are running on next to nothing.You will loose bone density,and have muscle wastage.in fact a lot of your weight loss will be muscle wastage.Your body wont function properly.Please contact your team and explain the problems you are having.We need a balanced diet.Your gut also needs solids to function properly or they will give you problems too.I hope I havent offended you,Im just concerned.Maz x

I can understand where you are coming from. I had safe foods i would turn too as i could rely on them. They were melon and home made chicken curry.

If you find solids really difficult maybe try something more mushy than just water, like home made stew with loads of juice and the veg mashed up?

Good luck hun xx

Please contact your team and explain the problems you are having.We need a balanced diet.Your gut also needs solids to function properly or they will give you problems too.I hope I havent offended you,Im just concerned.Maz x

I was lactose intolerant just after op but I am fine now. I was told when I first had problems I could have milk by the main dietitian as she just wanted me to get anything in. The lady I sore last time wasn't very helpful and said I shouldn't have milk in place of food and wasn't very helpful about me finding eating a problem.
I have an appointment with the consultants in 10 days time as they wanted me to go away for 6 weeks and come back to see if I had improved in eating. Which I have. I was on 100-200cals a day it is more now but I have been having bad pain when I eat and I am sick not every time I eat but once a day. Not from over eating it is normally after first mouthful so it makes me worried to eat as once I am in pain it lasts 30-45mins.
I have done everything they have asked me like not cal count or look at labels as I was having OCD on this and as I had pain I wouldn't eat.
I never seen the same person twice so it makes it hard when they have no clue what is going on.
You haven't offeneded me at all Maz it is lovely that people here are so caring x

You may have a blockage and need a stretch you should be getting between 800 and 1200 cals a day.Have soups at least.Maz x

I'm addicted to milk since my bypass. Believe it is my body telling me i need it! but agree if you are drinking it just because you can't eat this indicates a problem. And you need to push for a solution. I'm trying to build the eating patterns for the rest of my life, you can't live on milk alone.
As a ST solution why not mix the milk with a meal replacement protein mix. My favourite is click coffee. Then at least you are getting some of the vitiamins you need every day.

Hope they resolve this for you.

Back