• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk

effemm

So I am one day in on the milk diet and my tummy is constantly rumbling. It stops for about half an hour after drinking the milk and then starts again.Did everyone else find this? If you did, what did you do? I don't want to anything to stop the op, but I'm going to start chewing the cushions soon!!

Milk and I do not agree but I used lactofree milk and that upset my stomach so I mixed it with unsweetened soya milk(yuck) soya alone gave me really bad heartburn but mixed I got mild tummy symptoms and mild heartburn no fun.

Give yourself 3 days and you will find the milk diet a breeze. You just need to get used to it. Head hunger is a problem if you don't distract yourself and find something to take your mind off of things. Just think of the end result, it's all worth while.
I lost 17 lbs on my milk diet :)

Also, froth your milk, whether it be for a coffee or as a milkshake based drink, if you make a milkshake with ice in a smoothie maker or blender it makes it thicker - use a frother or blender for hot milk and it does too . . .both have an effect of making you feel fuller for longer.

Are you allowed yoghurts etc on this part of your pre-op, or even NAS jelly? If you can have the former, use it to make thicker smoothies, if you can have the latter, use milk to make milk jellies to give you something to "eat"

It does get easier from around day 3/4.

TopKat you're a genius. Frothing the milk makes a big difference. I am allowed jelly, but haven't made it with milk. Do I just add the jelly to milk or dissolve it in water first?

Totally normal. As other have said, from day 3 it will be so much easier.
Keep yourself distracted if you can.
BTW - I had lots of "all milk coffees', extra hot, which meant I had to sip it, which made it last longer.

Good Luck!

Back