• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mint Sauce.......

Perissa

Do you think it would be OK to use some Mint Sauce on my pureed veg?

I really like Mint Sauce on most veg. I don't actually eat lamb!

The jar says its 17 calories, 0.1g of fat per teaspoon full. It doesn't say how much sugar.

Bareing in mind I would have quarter to a third of a teaspoon at most what do you think?

Is there a reason why I shouldn't? My op was a week ago today - in about 2 hours in fact!!!

YES YES YES - just realised I've got a ticker!!!!!!! Can't tell you how long its taken me to suss the bloody thing out!!!!!!!!

i dont see any reason why not !! i love mint sauce as well.

Hiya Mate,

I'm doing really well, got a full 5 hours uninterupted sleep last night. Still a bit sore obviously but no sickness...... YET!!!

Walking twice a day for 20 minutes and even walked to B+Q earlier to get a couple of things. Oops could not resist buying yer more Christmas decs!!!! Got some gorgeous tiny white and silver glass baubles.

We might even go new sofa shopping on Sunday at Hedge End - we could pop by if you like?

God yeah go for it, I had some mint jelly in some gravy about 4 days after my band was fitted, its just another nice flavour! Go for it, you're never gonna be eating enough to be putting weight on with a little mint sauce/Jelly!

Its not the weight its the dumping. I'm literally terrified of the thought let alone doing it.

I've been told that I could have drinking chocolate - the 'Highlights' kind because I don't drink milk. Made myself a cup yesterday but was too scared to drink it! Smelled lovely but I just could not try it let alone drink it.

Its not the weight its the dumping. I'm literally terrified of the thought let alone doing it.

I've been told that I could have drinking chocolate - the 'Highlights' kind because I don't drink milk. Made myself a cup yesterday but was too scared to drink it! Smelled lovely but I just could not try it let alone drink it.

Have you been sick since the op with food then? Don't be frightened of drinking, just make sure you sip it and drink it very slowly! To be honest, I cant drink more than a third of a hot chocolate without it going cold becase I drink it so slow!

Just take your time and don't worry about it, you're not going to dump if you pace yourself. I havent dumped once and I'm getting my confidence now!

Big kiss!
Gina

No I haven't been sick at all, felt nauseous but not sick. But I have a phobia about vomiting and will do everything I can not to. Euwwwww even the thought of vomiting makes me want to vomit :eek:.

Sorry to be dim but I thought that you don't dump when you've had a band - only a bypass?

No I haven't been sick at all, felt nauseous but not sick. But I have a phobia about vomiting and will do everything I can not to. Euwwwww even the thought of vomiting makes me want to vomit :eek:.

Sorry to be dim but I thought that you don't dump when you've had a band - only a bypass?

No my mistake, Im talking about being sick rather than general dumping! You're right, banders can't get dumping syndrome cos our food just cant dump into the intestines like bypassers, we can only vomit! Even the word is gross isn't it! You sound like youre doing fine hun, don't worry to much or you will get yourself in a state and you might end up throwing up anyway.

Keep me posted to how youre getting on. Im 9 days post band now and I'm still suffering bad with wind trapped in belly and chest but doing well with the food side.

Ginaxxx

gina have you tryed gripe water ? its excellent for trapped wind.

liz x

mmmmm mint sauce mmmmmmmmmmm

:D oh i keep seeing the thread MINT SAUCE ! i so have to have some now tomorrow lashed on top of a nice bowl of mushhy peas:sigh: im drooling now i need mint sauce:D

liz x

Liz you are so like me on that score, I love mint sauce, nothing better than when with lamb but I never thought about putting it on mushy peas that sounds delicious....xx

mmmmmmm they was delicious and satisfied the craving yummy

Going to have pork loin in gravy and cabbage smothered in MINT SAUCE for lunch and I'm drooooooling already.......

I am so looking forward to it can you tell :eek:

Way to go Liz!

Back