• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mirena Coil

cah-ching

Apologies if you think I'm being nosey, or TMI.

Does anyone have the coil fitted (the hormonal coil not the copper coil) ?

Did it affect your weight loss?

Thanks ...

I had one sometime ago. No it didn't affect my weight -loss r gain. But I didn't get on with it. Breakthrough bleeding then it got 'lost' & caused me trauma coz they said I might have to have a general anaesthetic to investigate where it was. But they ended up doing a colcoscopy camera investigation & concluded that I had expelled it naturally. I have fibroids so this may be why I had trouble. Heard good reports too.

I had one in in October and put on 11lbs was so upset. I don't think it made a difference once I had my op with my weight loss. I didn't get on with mine though and it started to cause me a lot of pain as had moved and was a problem to remove the other week as the cords where only just visible.

None of the above sounds good to be honest!

:cry:

I've struggle to lose weight with the band as it is, if I were to put on 11lbs I'd be creeping up to the 21St mark and that fills me with dread

Coil or pain ...:-(

I have one and all was good after the first six months once my body accepted it. Had it fitted before my band and did not gain weight from it. After op, made no difference either. Having it fitted has made a major difference to my life though. It was either that or a hystectomy ... So I chose the easier option first, and I am so pleased I did (even though in those first few months I wanted it removing)

I got one in 3 years ago! I love it! I did bleed for 2 months just about wen I got it in (lightly tho). But since then it's been fantastic I hardly get a period at all. And no symptoms of it where as before I got really sore back. It didn't affect my weight as at xxx

Absolute nightmare for me!
Nothing but constant bleeding for 8 months and then it decided to fall out with my Large weightloss.

mine took a couple of months to settle down but it's fine now xx

I used to have problems with Polycystic Ovaries and Endometriosis and had the mirena coil fitted almost 4 years ago. It solved the problem withina few months and I have had no periods since, until April when I started losing weight. I now have a regular and controlable period :)

I'm on my second one in 12 years and I've never had a single days problem with it at all. I never bleed, but then I only ever used to twice a year anyone due to PCOS. I'm 46 now and wont bother having another one as although the pill bit has worn out it still works as a coil. Don't know if they take them out at any point when you're through the menopause but since it doesn't give me any hassle I suppose it can stay in indefinitely. Hope that helps.

Kate x

Back