• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

question re hormones

questions re hormones

HI Tendersage

I have the mirena coil...I have it with a combination of a hormone patch.
I am 52, but a few years ago I was having a terrible time...I did not understand what was going on. I had a lot of the symptoms you describe...It turned out that I was peri-menopausal....So don't run out immediately for the H.

Women's transition into the menopause can take a long time....Some are lucky to go through it quickly and some women's drag on and on for years like mine.

Previous to all that I had decided to use the mirena for heavy periods and as a contraceptive...so when my diagnosis of being peri-menopausal became apparent I got the patch to balance it all out...

You had mentioned that you were 44...you could be peri-menopausal.....its possible and would explain how awful you feel......a simple test will prove one way or the other.

BTW, very low calorie diets also mess with your hormones and affect your cycle.

Good luck.....and try to keep your chin up...I know it's hard.

Take Care

Snow ~ xx

Last edited:
Ohhh I forgot to mention...my mirena coil is coming to the end of its life and throwing up another set of symptoms for me at the moment......It just goes to show how these hormones affect us so much.

Snow mine ran out as i started dieting in mid oct and i had a new one then, i had all these symptoms 10 years back they are not new to me, but scare the life out of me because there is no way i can control them. Back then i tried pill after pill to try and sort it, not one would say what it was and the re-emergence i know has to do with the low cal diet and massive weight loss if i am pre-menopausal then at least i will know what i am dealing with, and perhaps something can be done, but atm it is obvious the mirena is NOT woirking

A hysterectomy is not as bad as it seems - i was a nightmare a REAL scary one. I was so bad with my hormones and my MBL that it became a joke - i hid all the sharp objects in my house in the oven so if anyone broke in they wouldn't kill me or my children. I tried to seriously harm my daughter when she was about 18 mths old, i was unsuccessful at 3 suicide attempts and my world was crazy and frightening not only for me but for my two young children and my friends:eek:

I suffered with hormonal changes from 11 until i was 32 and for the last 7 of those years i was a danger to myself and others - i took the hysterectomy with both hands and i would do it again if i was in the same situation. After my op i became me again - placid, calm, easygoing and NORMAL it was wonderful and my children got a mum they deserved.

It is not an easy decision but if it makes you life better from what it is now you owe it to yourself to look at it logically. If you ever need to get anything off your chest i will always be here to help you. Sending hugs with fairy dust to make you feel better x

Hi Tendersage
This is the second mirena coil that I`v had in I got it changed last May but I forget how long I had the other one in until I went to the clinic it was in for six years . Since a year there in Feb I`v been spotting every day . And yesterday I was at the hospital but they want to do more tests but I have to wait for 6 months till I get the sleeve /bypass and loose some weight before they will touch me . Has any body had the same bother . I do like the coil because I don't get any monthlies (roll on the change that's all I can say ) GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE .
MARGARET XX

Topsy i will take the H if offered to me, i know i am so different while like this, i am so scared that i will do something to wreck my life as it is now, and yet i have no control over what comes out of my mouth. I feel as if i have jumped back to all those times i lay in pain, dreading moving even an inch, having anyone around in case i start ranting at them for just daring to breath, let alone the crying for absolutely no reason.

Had a better day today hormonal wise but it still continues.

Margaret this is my 3rd mirena coil, and i loved not having to deal with the periods as i had had such horrendous ones, not just the hormonal swings. They do struggle to insert them into overweight people but managed mine with the help of an experienced Dr doing it.

Just remember you are not alone - believe me i've been there where you don't want to go again, but if it happens again i promise i will be here for you i know i can't physically be there in your home but i will be in every other sense. I know it's scary and dark but believe you it can be better and i know you will get to that place too - if you send me your address via a private message i'll send you something to keep you safe x

Back