• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

question re hormones

tendersage

Ok as i have mentioned recently my hormones are all over the place i really am going to need some kind of help to control them as currently my mirena coil is NOT working on this aspect. I am so bad i end up crying for no reason whatsoever, flying off the handle at the least little thing and unable to control it. i am not normally like this and its getting worse.

in the past i had major problems like this, and was ofered a hysterectomy or to try the mirina coil, this was appox 10 years ago. I know its not the mirina coil at fault, and i understand myu body is storing excess hormones due to the massive weigfht loss and they will eventually flush through my body. However i cannot continue like this, its starting to affect my work as well. So i have booked a Dr's appointment for next week, but how on earth do i explain all this to her in medical terms plus i am wondering what they can do for me as i still need the control aspect of the mirina coil. Any suggestions or tips?

Don't even try! Doctors speak English as well as Latin - they wouldn't expect you to use medical jargon. Just tell her the same way that you told us, she's a woman so should understand what you are talking about. Good luck with sorting it all out - sounds as if you're having a bit of a tough time at the mo. Big hug, Zxx

((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

I can not help as I havent experiance what you are going through Hope your Dr can sort something out for you

I know exactly what your going through................

Oops sorry wrong thread ........... pmsl.

Seriously(well as much as I can be), sorry to hear your having a bit of a tough time, hope thing's get sorted for you and if you didn't smile at this post you could be in more trouble than you think, quick check in the mirror...............

;-)

aww thanks for trying anyway, did lift a lip briefly

teen the scarey bit for me is i know this is bad, but i also remember how much more so it can get rom 12 years ago, took me 10 years to get a referal and then it took a locum to write it - lived in south wales at the time

Hi di sorry to hear your struggling with the dreaded hormones...as suggested before just tell her like you told us....((hugs)) you know where I am if you need a shoulder...xx

Sorry to hear your not feeling a 100% with your hormones - if you have a good relationship with your doctor then just tell her everything in your own words other wise you will just get het up and not remembering what you want to say. Make in note for the points you want to talk to her about so that you don't forget anything. I am talking from ugly experience i suffered with my hormones from the age of 11 until i was 32!! in that time my mood could change as quick as the weather changes in Scotland (sorry to those north of the border - beautiful place need better weather). I had every test from here to eternity and then some and none of the treatments worked for me until after a particularly bad episode and they took me into hospital and i had my hysterectomy and for me it was the ONLY solution and i became a normal person (as normal as you can be) but over time i had built up a very good relationship with my doctor and they helped me through so much but because i had extremely poor concentration and memory (with a few wobblies thrown in) i would write my points down and take a friend with me to give information i hadn't mentioned. You really have been through the mangle (read your blogs and really enjoyed them) but you have also achieved so much too in that time. Take each minute at a time - sending hugs with fairy dust to make you feel better x Don't forget to explore all the options open to you.

I must be lucky I dont have hormone prob and I have never had PMT, yet my mum went through hell even to the point of trying to take her own life and they just kept telling her she was to young to go through the change she was in her late 30's She suffered for 4 years and thought she was going mad. They then desided she was having an early change. This is prob differant than what you are going through or could be similar Hope they sort you out soon

I didnt meen to make light of your situation hun I do understand your having a tough time and I really do hope you can get thing's sorted out to what you want soon, I'm always hear if you ever want something to hit.............lol.

Hi TS, is it definitely your hormones? The description you give is pretty much the same as someone suffering from stress or a bit of depression ie moodswings, crying, despair, snappyness etc. Is it pretty constant that you feel like this? I really feel for you, it is horrible to have your mood trying to take over your personality - nothing changes outside of you,but feeling terrible inside etc. Hope that makes sense. x

yes definately hormones, its TOTM plus had this before all the same lasts anything from 48 hours prior to start of TOTM to right the way through it, its not stress, and i never have it as soon as my TOTM ends so does everything else

wannaloose, its ok i took it the way you meant it, some lighthearted ness... and i do need that, might not respond in the way people expect or are used to from me, but it is appreciated

im the same, im not the real me its like ive been possessed every one hides incase i throw some thing, i get very irrational, emotional and intense , i blow up if my hubby dares breath, its not like me, its like the devil's in me but i cant stop how i feel at that point in time, im like a mad woman that every 1 hides from me as they can see the signs in me that im gonna kick off big time when usually i wouldnt do so, im very aware of it but its something i cant stop when me hormones kick in :(

Last edited:
Hormones are a really sh*t thing. I have v long totm. By the time it is over it's almost time for more pmt. Really hope you can get help TS - I guess you have tried all the old favourites: Evening primrose, starflower, vitamin B6 (turns wee flourescent). Try and be kind to yourself, is it poss. to keep a diary of when you are due and then organise these days so you are doing easier things at home and work?

Also, going to a deserted place and shouting as loud as you can. Beat up a pillow.

moodswings, crying, despair, snappyness etc.................omg I'm depressed !!!!!!

So sorry, I just can't help myself.

OI u wanna a smack on the back of the head with a fryin pan lol :copon:

RUN lol ;)

Last edited:
Liz that is it exactly, i hate it i know i am like it but can do nothing about it, i am uhnable to stop myself and dread it. Having been like this in the past for 10 years i know it will only get worse, so i HAVE to try and get something done about it via the Dr, but i have no idea how it will interact with the mirena coil. The coil gave me control of the duration and intensity of the TOTM and got rid of the hormone moods, i can't go back to not being about to leave the home for weeks on end ect that is just not acceptable. I have also noticed my TOTM getting longer intitally it was ony 24-48 hours but i am now back to 708 days at a time, yes normal for some but not when you have the mirena inserted. Roll on the 7th

they suggested the mirena coil to me but i dont want it, i just keep telling them im fine on the mini pill as ive had em all and if i complain again, then coil is only option left for me, so i shall battle on snapping everyones headoff a couple of times a month lol

Liz the coil was great!! no mood swing, no period at all after about 6 months, and no well you know all the things that go with TOTM....

i was no longer changing into this ranting paranoid person and its worked now for just over 10 years, i have a feeling i am going to have to have the H this time, because the mirina i have now is new as in just before my op... so should be ok, i really am not looking forward to that happening but i see no other alternative. the H was offered to my at the hospital without even an examination!! so this time around i am going to have to accept i have no choice in the matter

Back