• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mixed emotions about date

christine77

isnt it wierd that i have wanted and yearned for this time of actualy getting a date and now i have it im not sure how i feel.

once the excitement wore off last night , the reality hit home of what i am about to do. i kept going from mega happy to sad in seconds and could have cried at the drop of a hat. didnt help that some of my family had very negative things to say once they heard i'd got my date .

i understand these emotions are normal and they will probably change again today but arent we funny things. we want something for so so long and once we are get it we start to panic.

:)

I was trying to talk myself out of it for the first few days after confirmation of the date Chris... then came Christmas and I gained weight and felt that 'sinking' feeling that goes with ongoing weight gain... plus my diabetes was running havoc with my health.

I'm two weeks post op and now so relieved and pleased for this opportunity... plus feeling better health wise already without the ravages of diabetes everyday making my life a misery!

For me, it has to be an individual choice, in my case, I've never looked back since the surgery and I'm excited to be learning the rules and working alongside my pouch, plus I'm 20lbs lighter than I was two weeks ago!

I know the weightloss is going to slow down, but so are my eating habits and I've lived long enough to know it took surgery to change them...

Keep thinking and searching Angel and arrive at your own decision for your reasons.... we are all individuals... it is really a personal choice matter.

Love and hugs Angel and thinking of you xxx

I'm sure what you are feeling is totally normal. I can't imagine anyone not having doubts of one sort or another, especially if you have friends or family who are not on your side.
Stay strong to what you want.

Von

I understand how you feel regarding negative views, I'm only at the waiting for funding stage and my sister has a "bad feeling" lovely, that really makes me feel alot better! Mom is quiet but is worried sick!! love em all to bits but don't they think we have enough negatives relating to our weight anyway ....wish they could chill abit and realize these comments really don't help us do they.

We all go through this hun and it's absolutely normal ! As you can see from Bev, it doesn't take long to start reaping the benefits and then you never look back ! Except to see how far you've come :)

As someone who's a bit further out, I thank my stars every day that I was given this chance to turn my life around and I feel so sad now when I see others who obviously need the same chance I've had.

Christine i was up and down like a pair of knickers... kept thinking maybe if i really try, i wont need this op. Try one more diet, more excercise etc etc. Then id get really low, thinking that my utter lack of control and brought me to the path where surgery really was my only option. Then id become ecstatic, because i was suddenly given a 2nd chance at life.

Youll find your emotions are up and down probably right up until your op! Im just over a week out from my sleeve, and so far im happy. yes i miss food but its not the be all and end all anymore.

Congratulations on your date hun x

That's so true Deets... I'm not living for food either now... it's a great place to be xxx

christine i feel the same as you i got my date and felt so proud of my self that i had done it but then a few people said so nasty things a put me on a downer but i just thought to my self that i have got this body for a lifetime and ive never been able to diet always been overweight so that gave me the motivation to do it.
Dont get me wrong im still scared about having it done but the kind comments that i see people writing on here everyday to people that they have never met made me realise that im not on my own just look forward to your new life a happy one Brad x

Thats why we call it a roller coaster ride hun .....you will be up and down like a wh*res drawers for a while yet ;) Dont worry, you will be fine and you have us lot to help you over your wobbles :D XX

Hi Christine,

I would read some of the success stories and look at the before and after pictures to give you some good and positive feelings, I can't wait to get my date but I'll probably feel the same as you,

Love and hugs, Karen x

Aww all the above and more from me,it has hit me a few times and you have a little wobble.See concerned looks on family members faces etc.But would they want your health to maybe decrease to such an extent that you are totally housebound and miserable?Thats a possibility,but no they wouldnt.Keep busy dont think about it all the time.It will happen,we are all proof of that!Maz x

Aw Chris it's not nice to hear negatives, I've got to see my dad tomorrow and I'm dreading it, I've decided if he says anything I'm going to ask about his drinking problem!! You know that I'm behind you 300% my dear.
As for 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) thoughts it's normal, the op is a big risk, however, it's not as big as the reduction in our life expectancy if we don't have it (did that make any sense lol).
Give it a couple of days and you'll be back on cloud nine again.
When do you start the pre-op diet?
Take care of yourself chick.

ps I'm only at Katies for 2 nights so thought about suggest we all meet at the kidsplay (is it called Broomside Park?) in Belmont one night? But we'd better see how you're feeling first, also I'll check with Katie, she'll be about 6 months by then so might have no energy xx

Chris, I felt ike this to, and worse. I had a complete panick attack when I got my date, and then the realisation of how different life would b suddenly hit me with such a shock.

But life isn't that different really...well it is, but in a good way! I'm in control around food but still enjoy it...but now I can look in the mirror without feeling shame, and shop in ordinary shops....

I'm with Rose. I thank God I had my op and feel sad for overweight people who don't know about this chance at a new life!

You know where I am if you need to talk.
Grace xxx

I think as everyone else has already said, it's totally natural to have nerves and doubts, especially as your op draws nearer.

All you can do is concentrate on the positive reasons that you want the op, the benefits you will get from it, and how much better you will feel afterwards.

However, as Bev said we all have to make our own decisions and you need to feel happy and relaxed in yours -don't let your family and their negativity influence you. It's your life and your decision. Keep posting and let us encourage you if we can.

all my doubts totally gone and am just busy getting everything sorted now - done spring clean on house this weekend feeling very cleansed and totally de junked

Back