• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mixed feelings.......

Jos

Hi everyone on here as recommended by a friend who's just had surgery.
I have just had the consultancy this week & told the bypass would prob suit me best. Got dietician next week & told im looking at a maximum of 18 weeks if I get the funding? I have mixed feelings. Not much support from family & it's got me thinking whether I am doing the right thing risking my life to be slim? (I have a 2 year old daughter)
Im scared s**tless to say the least! :confused:

hi hun i felt the same at first its only natural to have mixed feelings and be scared . me and my hubby have just been funded and i think for me its the best thing that could happen i want to have a happy healthy long life and if i dont have surgery that prob wont happen coz i wont live as long and il be fat for the rest of my life !! well thats the way i look at it anyway lol . good luck with what ever u decide is best for u hun justine xx

I really want this for me & my daughter, don't want to be a fat Mummy for when she starts school. My husband is a bit vague about the whole thing. Im just worried that something will go wrong. I have health problems from my pregnancy which is how I got referred in the first place. I thought once you started getting appointments etc you were accepted, but the consultant the other day mentioned it could still be rejected because of funding? All a bit weird. Thanks for the reply Vodilush, think this is going to be a great site for me on this journey!

How hun , I am still waiting for funding , I have 2 daughters of 15 & 12 & I think of all the things I havnt done with them or for myself cos I am fat . If like me , you are doing this for a better & longer life with your little one . Sure its scary , but the alternative is more scary xx

hey Jos, welcome to the site :) Lots of people dont get support, its quite a contravercial subject, but you will need help with the little one after. Your surgeon will not do the op if he thought for one minute that its not safe for you. I'm sure you will be ok :) you will lengthen your life, which willonly be a good thing for your daughter :) im sure there will be lots of post oppers along soon to give you some great advise, in the meantime, have a good look around :) wishing you all the best :) xxx

Thanks Cheryl, nice to know these thoughts are 'normal'. Im fed up of being fat, I want to be a yummy mummy not a slummy mummy! Lol

Welcome Jos honey, you sound like most people at your stage of the WLS journey. It is a life altering experience & anyone would be nervous at the prospect, but speaking from my own experience I would not change anything & only wish I could have done it years ago. Your daughter will thank you in years to come when you have given her a happy childhood full of memories of you taking part in activities that you would not do now. So sorry you have not got much support but that is where we come in, my love. We will support you until you squeak :eek: ask anything & there will be someone who has the answer ... good luck, sunshine xxx :):)

your not alone its good to have a good group hear to help women and men we all going through some tough times

Thanks Caren, some real good advice & support coming from complete strangers is such a blessing. I've got alot to consider & work out.

Hi Jos, you will find loads of support on this site, I don't think anyone embarks on the WLS journey without having mixed feelings, but if like me it is your absolute last resort for then it's worth it. It will be difficult if you don't have support from your nearest and dearest though. If you really aren't happy going down this route let the baratric team know and they will postpone your appointments until you've made a decision. At the dietician appt you will have the opportunity to discuss your fears and they will give you all the information you need to make the choice which is right for you. Hope this helps darl

Wow im overwhelmed with all your support already, thanks everyone. Wish I knew about this site before as I've been quite down lately. Had a cry today & all sorts. God damn emotions. Lol

Wow im overwhelmed with all your support already, thanks everyone. Wish I knew about this site before as I've been quite down lately. Had a cry today & all sorts. God damn emotions. Lol
its totally natural honey, I dont think i could do it without my wls family :) xxx

Jos - Just use us all and use the site, and speaking as a guy who had a bypass with major complications after it I STILL would do it all again and no regrets at all - It is life Saving and Life changing, and this is the place to keep you up to date and help you with your team make an informed choice x

Welcome Jos. This is a very friendly bunch, but we like to know more about you - add to your profile so we know which pct / hospital you are with, type of surgery, weight to lose, that sort of thing, then you will get tailor-made advice, from people who have gone through exactly the same process as you.

All the best on your funding application.

Cathi I would love to, only I seem to be limited to what I can do/access at the moment!

Get your post count up quickly doing the Word Association games, then you'll have much bigger sig space.

Glad you came on mate, this site is amazing, helped right up until I went to theatre, I am always here for you, play the word game every post adds up speak soon Hun xxxxxx

Good luck with getting your funding.
From my own personal circumstances, I was too big to do lots of things with my kids, they always had to do things on their own while I looked after the bags or held their coats. I don't even have pictures of me with them growing up, how sad is that?
I feel like I wasted my 20's, 30's and half of my 40's in this body.I had my 46th birthday last Thursday and I am having my bypass on 19th November. I wish I could have had it when my kids were toddlers. I have missed so much and so have they.
Whatever you decide, I wish you luck xxx
Marie

Hi Jos

I am new here too, just on the outskirts of london, my op is end of nov and very worried too, i joined last night and everyone has been really helpful and friendly.

xx

Hi everyone on here as recommended by a friend who's just had surgery.
I have just had the consultancy this week & told the bypass would prob suit me best. Got dietician next week & told im looking at a maximum of 18 weeks if I get the funding? I have mixed feelings. Not much support from family & it's got me thinking whether I am doing the right thing risking my life to be slim? (I have a 2 year old daughter)
Im scared s**tless to say the least! :confused:

Back