• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mixed feelings.......

Hey Jos I am also a newbie on here and like yourself around about 2 weeks ago received confirmation from Mr Reddy that I am now placed on the waiting list for the RNY. I have very similar thoughts and feeling as yourself as to whether I am doing the right thing, as currently I don't really have any serious medical conditions. Will you be having your surgery at St Georges? I think we will be going in roughly the same time and also with the same consultant we can compare our experiences.

Hi Dovetail77

I am under St Georges with Mr Reddy, however they have since tolf me they have not got confirmation of funding yet so I've kinda been put back a bit. Very disheartened to say the least, as I had got so far!
:cry:

Jos,

Am not sure how far through the journey with Mr Reddy you are but the average waiting time at St Georges is 18-26 weeks once you're on the list and about 18 months to 2 years from referral to surgery.

I was put on the waiting list in august and my surgeon told me that, if I'd gone on the list at St Georges, I'd have a minimum 6 months wait for surgery!

Good luck in getting your funding confirmed,

Tatiana

I had another consultation today with Mr George Vasilikostas who was fabulous! I have dietician appointment next week & he personally is going to apply for my funding after he puts it to the panel in 2 weeks time. I really hope I am accepted. I have alot of faith in him after today.

I had another consultation today with Mr George Vasilikostas who was fabulous! I have dietician appointment next week & he personally is going to apply for my funding after he puts it to the panel in 2 weeks time. I really hope I am accepted. I have alot of faith in him after today.
ohhh good luck jos :) xxx

Best of luck Jos! You know what's best for you! Do your research talk to peeps on here its so helpful. Personally its the best thing i ever did i still have an awful lot to lose but I've shifted more in the last five months than on any other dieting occasion. Its truly life changing! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Dietician appointment went really well today. I have the surgeon, dietician & Gp on my side. Looking like a 50/50 chance on being accepted. Should know in about 5 weeks. I must give praise where it's due, the team at St Georges have been fabulous so far. Let's hope they do me justice in the board meeting in 2 weeks & get my funding from the pct!

Dietician appointment went really well today. I have the surgeon, dietician & Gp on my side. Looking like a 50/50 chance on being accepted. Should know in about 5 weeks. I must give praise where it's due, the team at St Georges have been fabulous so far. Let's hope they do me justice in the board meeting in 2 weeks & get my funding from the pct!
good luck josy :) xxx

Back