• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mmm.....this bought back memories

JED

Today for the 1st time since surgery i had a roast dinner. but all i could manage was a very small spud 2 very small carrots a spoonful of peas about 3 small spoons of chicken and a tiny bit of stuffing but it felt like i had a full on roast like the old days and to be honest its times like these i love my bypass even more cos it lets me know its working just fine lol

I never thought I would ever say this but the day that I feel satisfied with that size meal can't come soon enough....Really pleased for you Jed and just a little bit jealous :)

Last edited:
OOOhhhhh, I feel soooo jealous! :jelous::jelous:
Am day 1 of the milk diet and would kill for a roast! :) That is after 10 days of zero carbs in an attempt to get my weight back down for surgery in 2 weeks.
Pleased for you though xxxx

We all go through that Brian, the jealousy I mean, it is natural.

I am jealous I haven't had a roast pre op. Not worth cooking that amount for one, I am waiting for someone to take me out for a childs meal :D

We all go through that Brian, the jealousy I mean, it is natural.

I am jealous I haven't had a roast pre op. Not worth cooking that amount for one, I am waiting for someone to take me out for a childs meal :D

Oh if only you didnt live a million miles away lol

I never thought I would ever say this but the day that I feel satisfied with that size meal can't came soon enough....Really please for you Jed and just a little bit jealous :)

To be honest Bri i still find it strange that i see the food but cant eat it but the benefits it brings is so worthwhile you will be stunned at how it works

I never thought I would ever say this but the day that I feel satisfied with that size meal can't came soon enough....Really please for you Jed and just a little bit jealous :)

To be honest Bri i still find it strange that i see the food but cant eat it but the benefits it brings is so worthwhile you will be stunned at how it works

I can imagine how it must be very strange, I know for the many years that I've been eating big meals the thought having a normal sized meal seems impossible.
I'm about to have my "last supper" as it were before I start the milk diet tomorrow, I'm actually looking forward to starting it though as I know it's hopefully the beginning of the end.

I can imagine how it must be very strange, I know for the many years that I've been eating big meals the thought having a normal sized meal seems impossible.
I'm about to have my "last supper" as it were before I start the milk diet tomorrow, I'm actually looking forward to starting it though as I know it's hopefully the beginning of the end.

what are you having?

Enjoy your last supper Brian!

It is OK afterwards though, just a little of what you fancy while watching the fat and sugar.

Today I had mini wrap pizza for lunch and turkey stirfry for dinner, so all is not lost you will get there soon, and hey the 23rd will be the start of a new life for you.

Jed, yep even if we met in the middle for that roast we would have to get up at crack a dawn, and the cost of the petrol - Well phew we would need a refinery each!

Good on ya Bri my last supper was a mahoosive fry up then on to liver diet since then ive had no interest in eating junk food it totally changed my outlook just think of the benefits you have to come and you will fly the liver diet or go on youtube and search out GB before and after that will motivate ya big time not that you probably need any

Enjoy your last supper Brian!

It is OK afterwards though, just a little of what you fancy while watching the fat and sugar.

Today I had mini wrap pizza for lunch and turkey stirfry for dinner, so all is not lost you will get there soon, and hey the 23rd will be the start of a new life for you.

Jed, yep even if we met in the middle for that roast we would have to get up at crack a dawn, and the cost of the petrol - Well phew we would need a refinery each!

Lol very true mind you i do have family in mevagissey

Today I had a small slice of pork,1 roast potato,1 dessert spoon carrot and swede,gravyFelt like a full sunday roast.lol

After cleaning all day my hubby took us out for a carvery for Sunday tea - my first since the op in May! I asked for a child's plate and had a bit of turkey, small spoonful of mash, cauliflower, parsnips and leeks in gravey - left over half of it - but really enjoyed it - felt normal!! Had to sit and wait half an hour so I could finish my drink but all good xx

HA HA Jed even Mevagissey is 'up country' for me being at Lands End (well nearly!) Not Cornish though, I am just an incommer who loves it here.

Back