• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Monitoring calories etc post op.

penelope1008

Hi there, I have seen many of you mention a site that helps you monitor your carbs, protein, fat, sugar and overall calorie intake post op this seems something I may need at least until I am more secure with my post op eating. Can anyone let me know the web address so I can see how I am doing. Thanks.

myfitnesspal for me too! So good as you can monitor your protein intake each day which I know will be so important post op.

Ive just registered on fitness pal and still getting used to it but its really good so far. Scary how little I'm getting in but at least now I can see it. Ive got it as an app on my Blackberry too so it will be very useful when I return to work and will help me monitor my intake x

Sorry duh I should read and absorb before I comment obviously not shaken all the anaesthetic yet brain on a bigger go slow than usual. Lol

Never knew that Gaz, thanks for that :)

PG are you anywhere near the targets fitness pal has set you? (Calories, Carbs, Fat and Protien). I know you are further along from surgery than me and I dont expect to get close at this stage but just wondering if I will ever reach them?

Mandy, have you changed them to reflect you've ha surgery. I changed mine yesterday to 1000 cals, upped the protein and it automatically adjusted the rest. I did this to reflect my pre-op diet requirements, which will be a goal after op as well I think. Todays entry so far looks like this, and you can see the revised figures:

Totals 633 100 5 54 215 31
Your Daily Goal 1,000 150 6 88 2,500 39
Remaining 367 50 1 34 2,285 8
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

Ignore me if you've already reset you targets lol !

( it won't line up for some reason but the daily protein is 88 grams, cals 1000 and carbs 150 ( which seems high to me but this changed automatically)

Mandy, have you changed them to reflect you've ha surgery. I changed mine yesterday to 1000 cals, upped the protein and it automatically adjusted the rest. I did this to reflect my pre-op diet requirements, which will be a goal after op as well I think. Todays entry so far looks like this, and you can see the revised figures:

Totals 633 100 5 54 215 31
Your Daily Goal 1,000 150 6 88 2,500 39
Remaining 367 50 1 34 2,285 8
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

Ignore me if you've already reset you targets lol !

( it won't line up for some reason but the daily protein is 88 grams, cals 1000 and carbs 150 ( which seems high to me but this changed automatically)

I was going to say you can change the settings for your requirements. lol

Sorry I'm being a bit blonde!! I have gone into settings but cant find the option that allows me to change values?

Sorry I'm being a bit blonde!! I have gone into settings but cant find the option that allows me to change values?

Its ok Ive found it, thanks x

Back