• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Management Course - Salford Royal

I'm taking my friend, since it's too far for me to drive... I'm in a bit of state with my weight.
Don't worry Sue, sit next to me and I will hold your hand... we will get thru... just get there if you can, I am sure it will help xxx

Hiya Lou your GP would have sent the referal off. If you know the phone number for the weight management or know where they send you, give them a ring and make your appointment over the phone, thats what i did. There was people in my wm group who had been waiting mths and 1 or 2 who got there appointments straight away, good luck hun xxx

thank you better not bring the whole family there are 8 of us lol but if i can find it i will be there is it near the main building bev where are you im oldham if u need a lift

Kerry, does everyone have to do the weight management thing? xxx

I'm coming from Wales thanks Sue, so the opposite direction.
I started a thread earlier about ways I have 'helped myself today' and by attending the meeting tomorrow, I will feel as though it is a great achievement, since I don't get out either xxx

Kerry, does everyone have to do the weight management thing? xxx

Hi Bev, I cannot vouch for everywhere but i know in Warrington they make you do it now regardless of your BMI. To be honest its common sense but interesting at the same time xxx

I mean the weight management course is common sense not your question xxx

Hi Kerry,
I am already working to a healthier mindset. Is this the type of encouraging factor, it does make sense and I think people fear losing too much weight and then not being eligible. I will have lost by the time I get to my first appointment... xxx

Hi Sue yep GP has applied for funding but the PCT have asked me to do 6 months weight management before They consider it. x

Hi Kerry, thank you. I have emailed the secretary today and she has already got back to me to say she is trying to make my appointments and will get back to me. so at least I know thibgs are moving abit now. I also got a letter today asking me to sign consent for the PCT to get more info from my GP and says I can write a statement to go with it. So I have. Hope it does the trick.

xxx

Hi Kerry,
I am already working to a healthier mindset. Is this the type of encouraging factor, it does make sense and I think people fear losing too much weight and then not being eligible. I will have lost by the time I get to my first appointment... xxx

Hi Bev its showing you portion sizes, why dieting fails, what obesity is doing to our bodies, to drink more water because people confuse the two, plus if you go to WM you can get half price gym membership, so its these kind of things. They don't make you lose weight (some do though) but they keep track of your weight and measurements. I know what you mean about losing too much weight its something i'm very conscious of. xxx

Hi Kerry, thank you. I have emailed the secretary today and she has already got back to me to say she is trying to make my appointments and will get back to me. so at least I know thibgs are moving abit now. I also got a letter today asking me to sign consent for the PCT to get more info from my GP and says I can write a statement to go with it. So I have. Hope it does the trick.

xxx

Good luck Lou, i've read your statement and i thought you have done a good job. I don't think you'll have any problems getting funding and i wish you all the best. You have given so much to help others and its time for you to be rewarded, got upset reading how you couldn't adopt the child you had from birth, so sad. Good luck huni xxx

p.s. are any of you going to the meeting tomorrow night at Salford, the Mayo building? xxx

Hi Bev,
I have a hospital appoint at 4.15 today at Salford so will be there VERY early for the meeting!

Hope to see you and Lou & Sue & Dotty & anyone else going tonight:)

Might have to make myself a name badge lol;)

I'll look out for you love... I shall be there before 6.30pm so we can have a chat and looking forward very much to seeing you all xxx

oooooo have nice time tonight girls!! i would defiantly have come if i could!! x

Sue get to the Mayo building, walk down from the car park and cross the road. Walk straight down the road (infront of you), towards the multi storey car park. Just to the right of the multi storey there is a big building, this is where the meeting is (Mayo building). Walk along the side of the building where there are some steps (which you can use) or, past the steps are some doors which opens when the button on the right hand side of the wall is depressed. Go through the doors on the right and take the lift to the first floor. Come out of the lift and go through the glass doors on the left. Turn right and you should see quite a few of us. I hope this helps.

Kelly behave yourself while I am away!
Will get to hear all about it when I get back.
Haha... lol xxx

Yooohoooo Beverlie, Where were you tonight?? I had my eye on a lady who I thought was you, I saw her go towards the drinks and thought "Ill have her on the way back".......she never came back! Now I dont know if it was you or not!! Were you there? x

I was there and was desperate to see you, but not having a photo... I was struggling... could you send a pic to me please (via message). We got lost on the way didn't know the area and sat nav took us to the Royal Salford hospital, that was closed! Couldn't find way...arrived at 1min to 7pm and then had a major rush... had hoped to be there for 6pm to get to know everyone...maybe next month.
There was a great turn out.. where were you sitting in the hall and did you ask any questions?
So sorry I missed you... I wanted a hug! xxx

Awww I was gutted I missed you! Did you have a sparkly leopard print bag?
I came in a few minutes late with my hubby pushing, my son followed a few minutes later after a visit to the loo. We sat on the other side from the chairs against the wall. Hubby sat on the table. Did you see me? When we went out we had a lovely chat with Karl, Allie, Poppet and Sewing belle, Sal was there too with her baby bump :D Did you get to chat with anyone?
I didnt ask any questions, other people kept it going pretty well I thought. :D x

Back