• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

More Manor Hospital Admissions!!!

k8y bear

Fair Fat and over Fourty!
:D OK GOOD NEWS!!! I spoke to a dietician at the Manor today as i start my pre op diet next Sunday and haven't had an appointment to see them yet.
She has confirmed that there are a few people going through the op VERY soon, and that even they didn't know untill late last week, SO hopefully there are some letters winging their way to other Walsall Masssssive peeps right now!!!!!

That is excellent news Katy. Fingers crossed a few of our members will get their letters in the next couple of days x

She definately said there were more going through, she said "in groups of four or more" And the reason i hadn't had my dietican appointment before i have to start the diet is because the names were only released late last week.

Ok...maybe it's just me. I am going to give up trying because I cannot seem to get the truth out of anyone. Thanks for the update.

tranquil

She definately said there were more going through, she said "in groups of four or more" And the reason i hadn't had my dietican appointment before i have to start the diet is because the names were only released late last week.

Wow!!! We get an appointment with the dietician before we start our pre op diets? Cool, i can't wait :)

Ooops i think someone made a booboo lol xx

Elo, I just thought it strange to recive all the bumpf about the pre op diet and not have an appointment to see someone....But it does look as if the a** isn't telling the elbow whats going on there. The dietician only found out Friday more people were going though. So i have to start the diet and see the dietician some other time?? Could have done with some advice from them before starting it really.
Tranquil, I'm sorry, i really hope you hear soon hun, you have been waiting as long as me haven't you? xx

Im wondering if its just Walsall patients they are putting through if Tranquil was told no one is being given dates?

I do wish they would give straight answers. Its awful for those that are in limbo waiting.

Hi k8ybear - no it has not been as long as you - I started off last June. I will just wait now. I started to look at going private but the money I have been saving is for some major renovation work I have to do on my flat - basically I am going to gut it - and I couldn't face the thought of trying to find it all over again. It really is a shambles at WM. No one seems to know what they are doing. Mind you having made a formal complaint it is very interesting how they treat you - even PALS - no one wants to speak to you. I am a great supporter of the NHS but am rapidly getting very disillusioned. It is the admin rather than the clinical side. When I had my first pre op I was very impressed with the staff. It is a pity they are let down by th rest.

Anyway I am glad your wait is nearly over.

Best wishes

tranquil

Tranquil, i think because you've got a formal complaint in PALS won't be able to do anything with you because of this.

I'm crossing my fingers that you hear soon, i am Team TB :) xx

Tranquil, i think because you've got a formal complaint in PALS won't be able to do anything with you because of this.

I'm crossing my fingers that you hear soon, i am Team TB :) xx

Thank you:hug99:. The man from PALS sent me this very defensive email yesterdat because I emailed him and the complaints manager about their lack of response to my emails. He said he had responded to all my emails and when I pointed out that he had not in that he had not responded to the one where I requested a copy of the guidance on waiting times - he sent it to me today and blamed the delay on waiting for someone to return from holiday.:rolleyes:

Anyway I have the document now if anyone wants it although I suspect that since the election it may have changed as the man from PALS pointed out when he sent it to me. I emailed him and asked him what had changed and what was in place before the guidance came into force and he didn't know the answer to either of those questions:rolleyes:.

I do find the PALS set up at Walsall very strange. When I asked for help they referred me to the Complaints Manager which is why I am now where I am.

Go figure. Under their complaints process they have 6 months to deal with it - which takes me up to just before Christmas and I would not be at all surprised if I do not get a date before then.

I will wait...and hope my health does not give out in the meantime.

tranquil

:banghead:It's just so blooming frustrating when you're waiting and get told so many different things. I really don't know what to say Tranquil, i was told i wouldn't be done till October(ish)
But i don't know if my other health probs have pushed me forward. Do you live in Walsall, I think i remember you saying that you did? I really hope you hear soon, my heart goes out to you, I'm keeping everything crossed for you, and hoping you hear within the next few weeks. :hug99:

:banghead:It's just so blooming frustrating when you're waiting and get told so many different things. I really don't know what to say Tranquil, i was told i wouldn't be done till October(ish)
But i don't know if my other health probs have pushed me forward. Do you live in Walsall, I think i remember you saying that you did? I really hope you hear soon, my heart goes out to you, I'm keeping everything crossed for you, and hoping you hear within the next few weeks. :hug99:

Thanks. I live in Wolverhampton and the funding is automatic. I saw Mr Khan in January and he suggested I have it done keyhole because he was concerned about a condition to do with scarring - sorry cannot remember the term - and I know they sat on doing anything with that and then told me if I had open surgery I would be done quicker. I told them if Mr Khan had said I should have keyhole there was a good reason! I was put on the waiting list in March and have had both pre ops in May. I really do not know what has happened but I am just going to sit quietly and wait because I have clearly got up somebodys nose. They obviuosly did not like someone giving them chapter and verse on how poor they are in terms of their processes. I will have some fun going through the complaints process with them as right at the end of it you can have a meeting with the Chief Executive - which will be interesting:rolleyes:

tranquil

Back