• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Most embarrassing obesity moment!

Another is when i was getting married. I could heard some people passing comment about, they never saw a big fat bride like me :(

That's so so unkind..........Because like babies, all brides are beautiful whether they are fat, thin or anything in-between.

~X~

lol that's a new one on me!

partly my fault for sitting down like a baby elephant on it instead of delicatley placing my butt :rolleyes: and another time was stood on the lid painting the wall and in the pan i went :copon:

partly my fault for sitting down like a baby elephant on it instead of delicatley placing my butt :rolleyes: and another time was stood on the lid painting the wall and in the pan i went :copon:

Well you now have something in common with John Prescott....but I bet you didn't claim it back on your expenses.

lol

~X~

Well you now have something in common with John Prescott....but I bet you didn't claim it back on your expenses.

lol

~X~

LOL was a cheap council standard bog seat :D

lol

~X~

Ha! Very good.:D

This isn't meant in any way to humiliate or embarass anyone but a post on another thread made me think of it. I really hope everyone takes it in the right spirit! (I think I am getting paranoid with all what's been going on the boards today).

What has been your most weight related embarrassment?

Mine was a midwife who thought I was pregnant! She was visiting me and started chatting to me, asking when my baby was due and that I was obviously almost there! I was so embarrassed that I just went along with it as I couldn't bring myself to tell her that I wasn't in fact pregnant and hadn't been for a number of years! lol

There have been other times when children have asked why my tummy is so big!

Lisa x
had a few. probs on plane fitting in seat and having table down, but 2 really stick in my mind. 1st toilet seat at work cracked whilst i was sitting on it ( only me and another female worked there) and other when pregnant midwife telling me difficult to trace heartbeat and feel baby as i had so much padding.

Great thread...think ive had all of your stories happen to me...probably on more than 1 occasion!...lol

One that happened lately was more annoying (as well as embarrasing!)

I had some blood taken at the dr's a couple of weeks ago, when i went in i said to the nurse 'its terrible trying to get blood from me, ive got very bad veins'.....to which she smirked at me and said 'the problem is not your veins'!

Feeling embarrased and quite annoyed, I replied..
'go on then, you tell me what the 'problem' is?'

She said, 'well its because of your 'size' !

I replied 'well its funny that really as when i weighed 10 stone I was still told I had 'bad veins' ??

It was left at that but I thought why did she feel the need to smirk and be sarcastic? do they get pleasure out of trying to make people feel bad about theirselves?

Great thread...think ive had all of your stories happen to me...probably on more than 1 occasion!...lol

I had some blood taken at the dr's a couple of weeks ago, when i went in i said to the nurse 'its terrible trying to get blood from me, ive got very bad veins'.....to which she smirked at me and said 'the problem is not your veins'!

I replied 'well its funny that really as when i weighed 10 stone I was still told I had 'bad veins' ??

It was left at that but I thought why did she feel the need to smirk and be sarcastic? do they get pleasure out of trying to make people feel bad about theirselves?

Grr I bet you were annoyed...foolish how some people are...x

What a brilliant post I have laughed so much not cruelly but when you look back at these things they are so funny but at the time so mortifying.
One time I was at a party a lovely summers eveing although it had rained a couple of days before. There were lots of garden chairs outside and everyone was chatting and laughing as was I.
I sat down on a chair one of the plastic ones with four legs, still talking to this chap I knew and his wife, suddenly I had this strange feeling which changed into absolute horror.................where the ground was wet the chair legs started disappearing into the lawn due to my weight at the time, 14 stone, I was so embarassed and so mortified. Worse still it took two of us to pull the b...dy chair out again lol

Jay xx
but now I can laugh about it.

Hi all,
I can sympathise with all the embarrassing moments mentioned cos most have happen to me at some time or another.
I have a question? I notice alot of you are waiting for surgery, is this being done private or on the NHS?
If being done on the NHS can you please tell me the process you had to go through to be considered?
I have been to the doctors previously and asked for help with weightloss and was told to " go on a diet" and that was it. Not very helpful.
I have just starting on the CD and had to see the doctor to get medical forms signed and i seemed to have found a sympathetic doctor who herself has had weight issues in the past.
Any info on the process to getting surgery would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and good luck all

Hi Kell

You should have told her....I may be large at the moment but I can lose weight...you on the other will always be ugly!

hehehe.

~X~

OH MY GOD

I'm not a violent person, but if she had said that to me I would have chinned her...

Cheeky cow

Hi all,
I can sympathise with all the embarrassing moments mentioned cos most have happen to me at some time or another.
I have a question? I notice alot of you are waiting for surgery, is this being done private or on the NHS?
If being done on the NHS can you please tell me the process you had to go through to be considered?
I have been to the doctors previously and asked for help with weightloss and was told to " go on a diet" and that was it. Not very helpful.
I have just starting on the CD and had to see the doctor to get medical forms signed and i seemed to have found a sympathetic doctor who herself has had weight issues in the past.
Any info on the process to getting surgery would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and good luck all

Hi Foosey
Ask this other Doctor about it or ask to be sent to the I hate this word obese clinic . Or if they are not helpful just change your Doctor until you can get a sympathetic one . I`v been on diets from about 16 and I`m 50 and still on them . I read in the local paper about a man looking for a bypass so I made an appointment with my Doctor and asked her to send me to the obese clinic in Belfast and as soon as I seen the Doctor there he said he would refer me for the surgery . I`m still waiting but I hope to be done this year . Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

Last edited:
OMG - what a complete cow, I`m surprised u didn`t deck her Kell, I`d have been tempted lol.

Can I juat take a min and say how fantastic serenety love and Liz 2 bands r looking and so much younger too, not that u looked old before lol. Well done ladies xxx

Hi Foosey
Ask this other Doctor about it or ask to be sent to the I hate this word obese clinic . Or if they are not helpful just change your Doctor until you can get a sympathetic one . I`v been on diets from about 16 and I`m 50 and still on them . I read in the local paper about a man looking for a bypass so I made an appointment with my Doctor and asked her to send me to the obese clinic in Belfast and as soon as I seen the Doctor there he said he would refer me for the surgery . I`m still waiting but I hope to be done this year . Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

Hi Margaretmc,
Thanks for your response. Great info. Yes this new doctors seems to be OK. When she signed the forms for the CD diet she wished the very best of luck but told me not to panic if this didn't work which she very much hoped it did there were other options to consider. So I thought that sounded hopeful.
I hope you get your date soon hun, please let me know how you are getting on or just want a chat
Best wishes for you, take care xxx

i work as a staff nurse and only once did someone ever make a remark, i was giving out the medicines one morning and i went into the patients room to give her the meds when i was leaving the room the ladies relative said my goodness that girl is a terrible shape to be so young and its a pity as she has a lovely face. I was mortified mind you that was 10 years ago and i still cringe when i remember the remark.

Can I juat take a min and say how fantastic serenety love and Liz 2 bands r looking and so much younger too, not that u looked old before lol. Well done ladies xxx

thanks lancs, its amazing how weight loss changes how old people look xxx

Back