• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr El-Hasani Here I Come

SarahF

Ok so Mr El-Hasani via NHS refused me, although he said he wanted to help. I thought I was going to curl up and well........ who knows it was a dark dark few weeks....
But my family came to the rescue and scrapped around and have managed to loan me the money needed for a bypass to go privately..... :eek:
I have decided to go with WLS using Mr. El-Hasani at The Chelsfield Park Hospital, I have my Harley Street appt 6th Aug with surgery booked in for 4th Sept.
Oh my days I am almost unbareable to be around.... LOLOLOL I am so excited and can eat, sleep breathe nothing else right now, on the flip side I am so nervous dare I say scared even....
But I know the outcome is exactly what I want and need, my health will be better, my confidence and perhaps the way I look...
Anyone have any comments on The Chelsfield Park or their experience with Mr El-Hasani??? or even The WLS Group..
Sarah xxxxxxxxxxxx

What a lovely family you have.

When I saw your message up there ^^^^ I was over the moon for you as you were so down, but still so supportive of the rest of us.

Xxx

Pleased for u hun xxxx

Hospital is nice. You don't see much of the surgeon.
I'm just at the start of the journey...

Woo hoo, good luck - not long now! WLS Group are my provider too, can't fault them x

Awww fab news, it will be the best money u ever spend...... Good luck hunnie xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Sarah, so pleased for you that your dream didn't come to an abrupt end, what a fantastic family.

Mr El-Hasani is also my surgeon - my bypass is at Chelsfield on 21st August. I've not yet met him but have been to WLS at Harley Street and had a meeting with Michelle - she was lovely and answered all the questions I had. I also attended a support meeting prior to my appt and met a few people who have already had different procedures and they all seemed to be really happy with the service WLS provides. For me it was all about the aftercare package - hope it lives up to expectations!

I have heard that Mr El-Hasani is a great surgeon, straight-talking and no-nonsence, but his bedside manner is not as warm and friendly as some expected. I'm happy to have a good surgeon, I don't plan on lots of chat as I want to have the op and go home asap and start the rest of my life! Good luck:)

Yeah! Big congratulations! I am going to the next support meeting at that hospital. Maybe I will see some of you there. :553:

congratulations on your journey

Hi Sarah, so pleased for you that your dream didn't come to an abrupt end, what a fantastic family.

Mr El-Hasani is also my surgeon - my bypass is at Chelsfield on 21st August. I've not yet met him but have been to WLS at Harley Street and had a meeting with Michelle - she was lovely and answered all the questions I had. I also attended a support meeting prior to my appt and met a few people who have already had different procedures and they all seemed to be really happy with the service WLS provides. For me it was all about the aftercare package - hope it lives up to expectations!

I have heard that Mr El-Hasani is a great surgeon, straight-talking and no-nonsence, but his bedside manner is not as warm and friendly as some expected. I'm happy to have a good surgeon, I don't plan on lots of chat as I want to have the op and go home asap and start the rest of my life! Good luck:)

Heya Hun,
I have been speaking with Michelle @ WLS frequently she seems really supportive and friendly. So far my journey with them has been great.
My experience so far with Mr El-hasani is good, I met him early July via a referal from my GP to go down the NHS route, however that dream didnt make it very far..... Mr El-Hasani was pleasant and to the point, I liked him there was no chit-chat, which was ok. My GP raves about him being one of the countries best bariatric surgeons which is basically all we want from him.... right???? I dont really care on his thoughts about the weather etc... LOL I just want him to help me lose weight.
Anyhows please please keep in touch, would love to hear about how its going for you.
S xxxxx

Yeah! Big congratulations! I am going to the next support meeting at that hospital. Maybe I will see some of you there. :553:

When is the next group meeting? I would love to come.
S xxxxx

That's fantastic news!! what lovely family you have.

I too am under Mr El-Hasani and was luckly enough to get on to his NHS list. I have approx a 2 year wait for my surgery though :(

Wishing you the very best of luck, let us know how you get o

Take Care

Kim

That's fantastic news!! what lovely family you have.

I too am under Mr El-Hasani and was luckly enough to get on to his NHS list. I have approx a 2 year wait for my surgery though :(

Wishing you the very best of luck, let us know how you get o

Take Care

Kim
Hey Kim
Thanks for the well wishes.. :) xx I will keep you upto date with my goings on LOL..
S xxx

Oh No the link didnt work... I'll try figure it out but at least i have the date of the next one :) xx

Hi Sarah firstly i am so so pleased for you what a fab family you have! I had my bypass over 2 years ago with El Hasani and have lost almost 12 stone, he is a fantastic surgeon and i have had no problems whatsoever. He did come and see me every morning after my op(7 nights in hospital long but its what he wanted)hence without a smile but that wasnt important what was is that he done an amazing job on me and i owe him my life and can never thank him enough xxx

Hi Lisa
Yours is one of the first threads I read when I joined this forum, you and Rose actually :) I found your journey inspiring and it is partly because of your words regarding your op and mr el-hasani that I was adamant that he was the man for the job..... Being a private patient obviously I can chose who and where to have my op, but as it turns out the best man for the job in my opinion just happens to work at my local private hospital :)
Please stay in touch
Sarah xxx

Hi Lisa
Yours is one of the first threads I read when I joined this forum, you and Rose actually :) I found your journey inspiring and it is partly because of your words regarding your op and mr el-hasani that I was adamant that he was the man for the job..... Being a private patient obviously I can chose who and where to have my op, but as it turns out the best man for the job in my opinion just happens to work at my local private hospital :)
Please stay in touch
Sarah xxx

Ahh thats so sweet of you, it's so nice to know that words we put down really help other people along their journey. I had my op at princess royal as i used to live in orpington but moved 6 months before my op to Herne bay. When i first came on this site i was the only person under El Hasani but now there seems to be quite afew which will be a great help to you. If you have any questions however silly you may think they sound please dont hesitate to ask and keep smiling because you've got soooooooo much to look forward to! xxx

Back