• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr El-Hasani Here I Come

How are things going for you?? Is your op tomorrow? Good luck, I shall be thinkng about you. Mr El Hassani done my op in June at Princess Royal, guess I must have been lucky to get the funding. Look forward to hearing how it all went for you xx

Can't believe I missed this post!!

It's been 8 months since Mr El-Hasani worked his magic on me and I am 9 stone down and so glad I chose to have my bypass when I did and with who I did - I have minimal scaring and with all the gym sessions I am attending I am even managing to tone up so the loose skin isn't too repulsive! Haven't had a chance to attend any of the meets but I am lucky enough to have enough support in my friends and family and know others that have had the op so often pick their brains.....

Good luck with the recent post-oppers and pre-oppers - before you know it you'll be the same as me and will never look back!! :) xx

Ok so here I sit ready to write my account of my last week and a bit, pre into post op... Ready?? its not all plain sailing brace yourselves...

Sunday 4th Sept (surgery day)
woke up way too early was hoping for at least a 7:30am lay in, but no body woke up at 6:30 screaming at me "Hello hello operation day arghhhhh..... drink water drink water you've got until 8am to drink..." needless to say I consumed as much plain water as I could stomach. Time was standing still, it felt like minutes were hours and hours were days, I had to be at the hospital for 11am, I sat around trying to think of things to occupy myself with, made stupid conversation with my husband and straightened my hair... yh really..
we arrived at the hospital around 10:50am we literally live 5 minutes away. I was showed to my room and asked to shower in hibiscrub from the neck down..... now here's where I made my first mistake!!! they said from the neck down, so i washed in hibiscrub from the neck down.. well I thought I was gonna take off like a rocket, excuse my ignorance but i didnt realise it was gonna burn the bloody hell out of my ummmm lady bits n bum.... so take note pre oppers if you get asked to wash neck down in hibiscrub they dont mean ya genitalia.... lesson learnt...
once showered and looking HOT in my operative backless gown, dishcloth type disposable pants, and blue surgical stockings.. (how my hubbie didnt just..... well nuff said hahahhaa) I sat back in the chair and waited, I was told i was around 3pm on the list groan... long wait... my surgeon mr El-Hasani nipped in around 12ish for me to sign consent and said see you in an hour..... AN HOUR!!!! 1pm holy moly this is real its gonna happen!!!! for the next hour I sat talking to my Mum and husband as steady as I could pretending to them I wasnt anywhere near as nervous as I was, because my Mum although supportive was also extremely scared I wouldnt make it off the surgical table and would of been quite happy for us all to go home there and then. The clock on the wall also suddenly had one of the loudest ticks I'd heard.. hahahha
At 1:20pm nurse Lorna came for me, I swear to god, I think all my fat sunk to my feet, it was tough to stand up and start walking toward the "lift" to the operating theatre, but i remained the appereance of light and breezy for my Mum who I knew was having a nightmare dealing with it... I wave goodbye and the lift doors shut, well thats it now ... we go down the one floor to theatre level and go into a side room, where John the anethestist attempts to find a vein!!!! Left arm banging clenching and tapping doesnt produce a vein, left hand clenching, tapping john thinks he finds a vein twice so sticks me..... Mr El-Hasani comes into room to see what the hold up is.... John explains oh we cant find a vein, mr El-Hasnai grabs me by the hand along with cotton wool ball to soak up blood mess John has created sticking me with no joy, takes me into theatre, and asks me to lay down on table!!!! but not before undoing my gown at the back.. saucy ..... so there i lay, arms and legs spread eagle. still without a canula in to receive my sleeping gear... head anethetist comes over and also has a darts match but uses my right arm / hand..... Mr E-H is now getting a little miffed I can tell by the look he gives them, although with me he is an absolute charmer, laughing and joking and talking about my tattoo's, finally after umpteen attempts they manage to find a vein, even tho the rest of my arms / hands look like a tea strainer... I hear the words, gonna give you a little medicine Sarah might make you feel relllaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxeddddddddddddddddddddddddd............ at least I assume thats how the sentence finished.. hahahhahahhaha
Next thing they're all blinking shouting at me, Sarah,sarah open your eyes.... Sarah..... SARAH..... for gawds sake.... ok ok one eye open perhaps two i'm not sure, and this gravel voice says yh yh i'm awake... I have absolutely no idea I was in recovery but lets just say I went down for my op at 1:20 was all done finished and back in my room by 5pm... I am semi aware of my journey back to my room, only because the only pain I remember feeling was when the porters wheeled my bed out of the lift, one set of wheels over the metal works of the lift floor... arghhhhhhhh second set arghhhhhhh, bless he kept says I'm sorry as he wheeled me to my room... I think it was at this time the nurse Lorna asked if I wanted her to call my husband to come... it felt like i had only blinked and Adam (my hubbie) was there at the bottom of my bed grinning from ear to ear at me, i was so pleased to see him.... although prolly didnt show my appreciation as i kept drifting off.. he was quickly followed by my Mum armed with flowers... coz obviously chocolates or grapes wouldnt of gone down too well hahahhah... I'm there in bed with tubes coming out of everywhere... well not quite everywhere... lol I had a catherta in, a central line in my neck and a canula in my right hand and an oxygen mask over my face... Not quite awake but not quite asleep, you know that limbo land of waking up after an op... Come 7o/clock the nurses decide its time for me to get out of bed and sit in what can only be described as the worlds most uncomfortable chair!! my daughter Charley who had arrived at somepoint during my limbo land stage refused to budge as my husband and my mum said their farewells for the evening, bless her heart she stayed until after the nurses made me do "the corridor walk" at 10:15pm before they would allow me back into bed, I couldnt believe they actually made me do it that late at night, it wasnt a walk more like a shuffle of a 100 yr old person with bad hips.... Once that was done I was finally allowed back into my bed, my daughter left for the night and I tried to sleeep... inbetween hourly obs..
I will write more on my hospital stay soon and also how the rest of my recovery is going, but for now i think i have waffled on for long enough...........

Lots of love

xxxxxx

woohoo thank you soooo much Sarah! I think im going with him and at the same hosp :) Its a great thread ans im so glad hes the best!!!!! well they're all good lol but im glad he has a great rep! Wishing you a speedy and easy recovery and i'll be waiting on this thread :D Thanks again honey mwah xxx

Congrats Sarah!! I am so pleased to happy for you. Your experience seems pretty consistent with others I have read. I think people forget what a big op it is. I am so happy for you. I can't wait to read of your progress as you begin shrinking!

Hopefully, you will be up to going to the meeting next month.

Well done chick! Hope your recovery is quick and your losses big...xxx:553:

Hi Sarah

Thank you so much for yor detailed experience. I have just been told today that my op will be on 30th of Dec with Mr El Hassani at Princess Royal. It's great to hear of what to expect in the not to distant future.

Right now I am just so excited and scared all the same time.

But I guess the best is still yet to come!!!!

Me in a Bikini summer 2012 LOL!!!

hiya i had my surgery done by mr el hassini back in jan of this year he & his team were fantastic & im 7 stone lighter & can now accept compliments that i couldnt do before x good luck with your journey xx

Hi Sarah

Thank you so much for yor detailed experience. I have just been told today that my op will be on 30th of Dec with Mr El Hassani at Princess Royal. It's great to hear of what to expect in the not to distant future.

Right now I am just so excited and scared all the same time.

But I guess the best is still yet to come!!!!

Me in a Bikini summer 2012 LOL!!!

Great news!! just wondering if you are NHS and if so how long you waited, I went on his list in March and was told approx 2 years :cry:
Kim x

Back