• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr El-Hasani Here I Come

Do you know if we can attend even if we are using a different company, ie WLS rather than BMI? Mr E-H works for both.

Do you know if we can attend even if we are using a different company, ie WLS rather than BMI? Mr E-H works for both.

I dunno.... shall we gate crash hahahha?? :8855:
I'll call em tomorrow and if we can do you fancy it?

Possibly, although it's quite a trek for me to get there. Can you let me know if we are able to and then I'll have to look at train times etc:)

I had my by-pass with El Hussani on 24th June at PRU, my neighbour works with him at Chelsfield and says he is a brilliant surgeon. I had a good op and didnt have any probs with him, although his bedside manner needs some tweaking! His team are fantastic, Mr Hussein is my favourite, a really sympathetic caring man. Good luck with your journey, its a shame you never got your funding though, did you get a reason for this?

Hey Capiegirl, How r u feeling? El-Hasani said it was purely because I didnt meet the new NHS criteria which changed in April 2011. groan.....

Hiya Sarah, how are you doing? Time is flying by and tomorrow I start my pre-op diet. Today I'm having a day out with OH and maybe a nice lunch, then it's low carb, low fat and high protein all the way! I hope it goes even more quickly now - just want it over and done with as I get all nervous each time I think of it lol:)

Forgot to say that I've got my pre-op appt with Mr E-H on 12th August at 5.30pm. Did you decide to go to the support meeting that evening?

Hey Minxie I inboxed you. but Yh I am gonna go to chelsfield next Friday are you on Facebook or anything would love to keep in touch more easily.

Hi Sarah, I am 6 days post surgery with mr El-Hasani at chelsfield park hospital, although i got the sleeve. you are soo lucky to live so close by as i had to travel from northern ireland. I found my care at chelsfield hospital was excellent, Mr El-hasani was very approachable always asking if i had any questions, I had been just a little concerned by this as many said his bedside manner was poor, but i think they many not have met many surgons as most are quite abrupt, however i found him approachable, my surgery went very smoothly no problems as of yet, fingers crossed, he called in somtimes twice daily if you have any questions. the rest of the staff were equally brilliant, my only complaint was when you were eventually allowed liquid food it was so watery and poor taste, i think its our punishment for being fat, and the staff are quite embarrased by having to give you it, however at this stage you are not fit for much and as you live so close by the chances are you will have only two nights in hospital i had three. so all in all I can't reccommend mr el-hasani high enough so good luck on your journey, and to all who have surgery soon best wishes

Hey sweetie bless ur heart having to come all the way from Northern Ireland. How u feeling? I have met el-hasani when I went for an NHS referral so Yh bedside manner lacking but I found him fine. Stay in touch lemme know how ya going along xxxx

Hi Ladies,

I am having my bypass with Mr El Hassani on Saturday 10th September so look forward to comparing notes with al of you. I was origianlly NHS but sue to the long waiting list have now gone private through BMI Healthcare.
My pre op is Wednesday 7th at 9am.

I have been regularly going to the support group at Chelsfeild park and advise you all to go pre op or post op if you can. Wonderful help and advice available from the Bariatric Nurses who run the meetings plus invaluable advice from the other patients there. Its a mixture of NHS and Private plus banders/bypassrrs and some a few who have had sleeves. You will all be more than welcome.

If anyone wants to chat inbox me.

Wendy

Hey Mel,

How is it going hun? We must catch up soon xxxx

Hey Mel,

How is it going hun? We must catch up soon xxxx

Hello!!!!!!! I am okay, getting impatient with the individual funding request people. I know the wait is ages, but if I just wish they would throw me a bone!

xx

honeykiss said:
Hi Ladies,

I am having my bypass with Mr El Hassani on Saturday 10th September so look forward to comparing notes with al of you. I was origianlly NHS but sue to the long waiting list have now gone private through BMI Healthcare.

I have been regularly going to the support group at Chelsfeild park and advise you all to go pre op or post op if you can. Wonderful help and advice available from the Bariatric Nurses who run the meetings plus invaluable advice from the other patients there. Its a mixture of NHS and Private plus banders/bypassrrs and some a few who have had sleeves. You will all be more than welcome.

Wendy

Not long now Wendy!!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Wendy

Wow Wendy, so you did book, congtats - keep me posted on how you get on, and good luck with the pre-op diet X

Hey ladies, currently on day 6 of pre op diet, first 4 days were very hard but seem to be ok now. Still want food but I do not actually feel hungry, I guess its the ketosis affect that does it.
Feel nervous but cannot wait to be done and dusted.

Good luck to all still waiting, maybe the waiting times wont be as long as they have said to some of you.

Wendy xx

I feel like I'm going in with you! Im way to excited!!! Lol. Can't wait to hear all about it. xxx

Hey ladies, currently on day 6 of pre op diet, first 4 days were very hard but seem to be ok now. Still want food but I do not actually feel hungry, I guess its the ketosis affect that does it.
Feel nervous but cannot wait to be done and dusted.

Good luck to all still waiting, maybe the waiting times wont be as long as they have said to some of you.

Wendy xx

Woo hoo Wendy :D :D :D not long now, youre doing so well... you keep going !! cant wait to see the weight fall off you, sooooo excited for you, seems like only yesterday when we first met nearly a year ago now when i was only a couple of weeks out of surgery, youve watched me slowly disappearing and now its my turn to watch you,
Sending big love and luck to you hun xxxxx

Back