• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Due to have band fitted Dolan park 29 Aug

hi all. we are also going to doolan park on aug 29th for our gastric banding with dr sigurdson. We are with wga, we have been told by to be there for 7 am. The hospital advisor told us on the phone that there were 7 people booked in for the band on this day( sounds like most of us are on this forum LOL),she said that each op took 30 mins to perform. we would have blood tests etc on arrival and then we will be told where abouts we are on the list. I am nervous and excited !!

My daughter went into this hospital 4 weeks ago to have a boob job ( it was her that put us onto the hospital. she went with the hospital group which is the same people as wga..same consultants, same advisors same hospitals etc.only difference is the amount of after care you get)
she said the hospital was excellent, the bedrooms, were like a 5 star hotel, food was great although abviously that wont apply to us !!The only bad comment she had was that it was a little like a conveyer belt when you first arrived with everyone waiting to get seen and you didnt get to go to your room until you had been down to theatre so the poor folks last on the list were waiting in reception area all day.

I have been greatly put at ease after finding this site and reading about others experiences. my biggest fear is that it wont work and that i wont lose anyweight. We were told not to do the pre op diet and just carry eating as normal this was because our bmi wasnt considered by dr siggurdsson as too high, ( my daughters is 32 and mine is 35) i consider my self very overweight for my height( 5ft 2 inch and a size 20 weigh 14.6 stone. So reading about the horrid pre op diet i consider myself lucky not to have to do it.

Well thats my introduction to the site, im off now to read more of the posts.

i love the weight trackers you all have by the way, how do you start one. thanks

Welcome to minis pixie and good luck for your op x

Yay well done :D

Hi i had my band at the dolan, and all went fine, as i keep saying in my blog is that the trapped wind is the most painful bit but each day does get better and better. Good luck moe

Hi everybody. I had my band fitted at Dolan Park on 11th Aug and am happy to answer any questions anyone has. This site is really good, as it really helps talking to people who have gone through the same experience.

Tomorrow is fast approaching

Well guys not long now and we will be on our way. I am swinging between elation and utter terror. I keep wonderin if they will cancel my op cos I ate a few quavers on Sunday?

Good luck to all of us xxxx

Cheryl

Of course they're not going to cancel it over a few quavers days ago!

Good luck, let us know how it all goes when you can :D

hi, they will not cancel your operation i was dreadful and eat all the time on the pre op diet, relax if you have read my experience then that really will have given you a blow by blow of what to expect , just be prepared for the wind pain that was the worst bit for me.

let us know how it went when you can

goooooooooooooooooood luck

moe

Hi there, anyone else due to have band fit at Dolan park 29th aug. I am having Mr Sigurdsson. I am so glad to have found this site, it is sooo reassuring to hear so many others in a similar positin when I thought I was an isolated case. My name is Cheryl and I am 39. I am a single parent with 2 kids a 3 year old boy and 15 year old girl.

Hiya,

Wanted to say hi as you sound very similar to me. I am also a 39 year old single mum, boy who will be 3 next month and girl of 11.

I had a band fitted 2 and a half years ago. I lost 8 stone my first year but nothing since. I have maintained that loss though which is brilliant for me! I still have around 4 stone to lose so I have just started on the cambridge diet to try and kickstart the loss again.

I wish you all the luck in the world. If you have any questions about banding just give me a yell! :)

Laura x

Hiya,

Wanted to say hi as you sound very similar to me. I am also a 39 year old single mum, boy who will be 3 next month and girl of 11.

I had a band fitted 2 and a half years ago. I lost 8 stone my first year but nothing since. I have maintained that loss though which is brilliant for me! I still have around 4 stone to lose so I have just started on the cambridge diet to try and kickstart the loss again.

I wish you all the luck in the world. If you have any questions about banding just give me a yell! :)

Laura x
Laura what a fantastic weight loss and well done for maintaining it. you have done so well x

Hiya,

Laura x

Well done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!! Your an inspiration !! Welcome , and let us know how u get on :) xx

i just looked at date on calender and noyiced your op is today.. hope ur ok? let us know how it went.. im sure your experience will be fine as mine ws great at dolan park

Back