• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Due to have band fitted Dolan park 29 Aug

cheerio

Hi there, anyone else due to have band fit at Dolan park 29th aug. I am having Mr Sigurdsson. I am so glad to have found this site, it is sooo reassuring to hear so many others in a similar positin when I thought I was an isolated case. My name is Cheryl and I am 39. I am a single parent with 2 kids a 3 year old boy and 15 year old girl.

Wow not long fr you then, you will have to keep us updated on your progress, Im going for my first visit to a consultant on Monday( hopingto get it on nhs)Fingers crossed!

Hi Cheryl. Welcome to minis. I am now 4 weeks post op with the band and all is going great for me. If you have any questions, just shout - we are a friendly bunch and will offer you as much support as we can. Good luck with the pre-op diet too and keep posting to let us know how you get on xx

Thank you so much Ali. I spent hours reading your diary from start to finish last night. I really appreaciated your blow by blow account as the info you get from the clinic etc. is either marketing stuff or just states risks "you might die" kinda thing. I noticed amember called cherry23 who is having th op same date and place as me. Do you know how I make contact with another member? sounds like she was also pretty nervous.

Hi Cheryl, thanks - I am glad you found my diary helpful. i wanted to write it not only for me to look back on over time and see how far I have come, but as you say to help others as the info out there can be a bit patchy. You will come up with loads of questions before the op, but it is all fine and we will all try and help.
Re contacting another member, you can send them a private message but I think you have to have made a certain number of posts before this is unlocked for you by the admins, so keep posting x

hi cheerio

my name is moe and i am dueto have the same procedure as you with the same surgeon at the same hospital on the 21st august so i will let you know how it goes, how much weight are you wanting to loose? I would like to loose five stones but am still struggling with the pre op diet god i am useless, but will keep trying.

will post all the gory details soon

moe

Hi Moe, so glad to hear you are also at Dolan Park. Is the pre op diet just for 7 days? I havent been given all that detail yet. I am seeing the surgeon on Monday 18th. Do you know the time you have to check in and out?

I hope to lose 6 stone.

Cheryl x

hi
i have to be in dolan hospital by 7.30 in the morning, the pre op diet is supposed to be for 14 days but i have had a cancellation so have only got until next thursday to loose weight, i will let you know what time i will check out and i promise i will let you know everything warts and all.

Thanks Moe that is very helpful. How long are you peeps staying off work? I need to back after 9 days.

Cheryl x

i am due back at work by the 2nd of september i am a assistant kitchen manager and thats when the term starts, so i have to be there really, unless i really cant physically do it that gives me just over a week, so heres praying. but i will let you know.

moe

How did your consult go Angela? I am going camping during my pre op diet week its going to be really hard resisting the food on offer, don't fancy BBQ'd yoghurt, still its all in a good cause and I get satisfaction from feeding others even if I can't eat myself.

Cheryl x

How did your consult go Angela? I am going camping during my pre op diet week its going to be really hard resisting the food on offer, don't fancy BBQ'd yoghurt, still its all in a good cause and I get satisfaction from feeding others even if I can't eat myself.

Cheryl x

Hi cheryl, consultant went well having mine at Dolan park on mon 8th sept, I'm not doing the milk diet i'm doing the low cal diet which is optional if you ask they will send you a diet sheet for it. Please let me know how you get on as your date is before mine, I'm also looking to loose 5stone.

I didn't know there was an alternative diet. I will ask about that one. I have diabetes so i don't know if that makes a difference. I hope to meet cherry and poppo at the hospital as it would be great morale support for each other. I will let you know how it goes. I think Moe is having hers first.

Cheryl x

Hi
I am also new to the site could really do with some advice/info! I am also having my band at Dolan Park with WGA. I am having mine on Fri 26th Sept but probably going to have to stay overnight somewhere the night before as I live up in the North West and hubby will need to stay home with the 5 kids!!! Anyone else having their band fitted that day with Dr Sigurdsson? Suggestions of local reasonably priced hotels for the nt before would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi Nellie, welcome to mini's :D lovely to meet you!

Hi Nellie, I have got a room at the Innkeepers Lodge (toby) for 29.95 per night per room incl breakfast. This price is per room not person so if you want to take someone they will get your breakfast lol. I think most of us are having Mr Sigurdsson.

hi to all the new members really good to know that we are all going to dolan park, not such good news that i seem to be the first one, with mr sidgursson, however, as promised i will tell all warts and all, i have just paid my final balance hopefully that will be the most painful bit. ha ha moe

hi

i have lived to tell the tale and the tale has been told read my experience on trapped wind, good luck for the 29th moe

newie just had band fitted at dolan park 21/08/08

:wave_cry: hi i had my op on the 21/08/08 and met moe while i was there very reassuring.

I checked in at 7am had all obs done,and had bad fitted at 1230pm

I came back to the ward at about 230pm:confused:

It was a confussing time as didnt have alot of tummy pain but DREADFULL pains in chest:eek: fought i was having heart attack:rolleyes:

This was from the wind trapped in my chest cavity. Didnt sleep allday or night just drank peppremint tea and sucked wind tablets.

As moe said you were told to get ready at 530am and i was leaving there at 630ish very rushed!!

I would recommend dolan park as it is a lovely place to stay and staff very nice.:jelous:

Its just 1day post op and apart from wind i am feeling ok....

Ate soup and yogurt yesterday and today just soup so far.

I cant beleive i have finally done it:eek:

could any1 tell me how to get the weight scale on my page thankss

Last edited:
Back