• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Due to have band fitted Dolan park 29 Aug

Good luck Cheerio, look forward to hearing from you on the losing side x

Had my op feeling good.

I had my op on Friday went down to theatre about 11ish. Woke up feeling fine and the only problem I have had so far is fainting from a massive drop in my blood pressure when I stand up. It dropped to 75/40 at one point. Still a problem if I stand too quickly feel like I am going to pass out. Otherwise i feel great. No shoulder pain no nausea. Wounds are sore but not unbearable. I can lie on my sides in bed and have managed with paracetamol dispersible so far. I have had a protein shake today along with a few spoons of tomato soup, it tasted fantastic.

I know its early days yet and don't want to take my smooth recovery for granted. I am being very careful to sip slowly and am taking a short walk every couple of hours or so. I met poppo and cherry23 at the hospital and they were lovely. Thank you to the other banders who have shared their stories. I took great reassurance from knowing others have been there done that kinda thing. I am off to bed now feeling nicely shattered.

Would be lovely to hear from Poppo and cherry

Love Cheryl xx

Lovely to see you back Cheryl :D Glad it went well.

The blood pressure problem sounds like postural hypotension. Everyones blood pressure drops a small amount when you stand, and with PH it drops a lot. I've had this for years and it's easy to live with, like you already are doing it's just about standing up slowly :) Just wanted to reassure you incase it doesn't go away.

well done cheryl..
glad to hear you are ok. was dolan park what you expected? how are you doing with eating at the mo?
emma xx

:)well done cheryl, i know you were very nervous glad you feeling not too bad, its funny how everyones experience is different eg you not getting any trapped wind. take your recovery slowly look forward to your next posting.

moe

Well done Cheryl, glad it all went smoothly for you and welcome to the losing side xxx

Hi, am thinking of using WGA for gastric band, they have give me 2 surgeons - Paul Super, Mr Sigurdsson, can you give me any feedback?, How are you? what is the aftercare like? Thanks

Six days post op

Hi Guys, I have been rushed off my feet today buying school uniforms etc. and i feel shattered tonight. I have had no problems with the op/band so far and have been enjoying some mushy food for the last couple of days e.g. mash potato with gravy, semolina pudding and porridge (not all together;-). I have had a bit of pain when burping and find the best way to manage it is to completely relax when i feel one is coming. If I tense against it it hurts much more. My wounds are healing nicely although one of the top wounds about 1cm long has been a bit oozy. Showed my GP who said not to worry unless it gets red and sore.
I have no regrtes about going with WGA and found Mr Sigurdsson (in fact the entire WGA and hospital team) to be very professional and I don't have any sense of "doing it on the cheap". I invested in a book form amazon about living with the band which I have nearly worn out. It is excellent reading and gives practical advice from the decision to have the op right through to dealing with excess skin once you have reached goal. I am following the eating plan from the book so haven't missed the input of a dietitician. I am still awaiting my x-ray and surgeons post op appts. but have not felt lacking in any aftercare. If I had any complications I may be telling a different story and this is what you need to consider i suppose. I have no problems with hunger as it is easily satisifed. I did however struggle with a fantasy today about a crusty warm bloomer loaf spread with lurpak and jam.

Any feedback from others would be great.

Cheryl

hi cheryl glad you are feeling good..
i started eating soft food today and have felt much fuller than on liquids for 2wks.
that book sounds great also will have to get it.. i am still waiting for my appointments they are short staffed at mo so that may be the reason.
keep us updated
emma

I cant believe its been nearly a week since my op, all went fine and i cant recommend the dolan enough, the staff were all friendly and dr sigurdson was a star ( despite the fact he must have been tired as he told my daughter he had only very recently become a new father !!).

I cant say the last week has been a pleasure as the first few days were agony with the wind pain, felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest !! but this has now almost gone and the only discomfort i have is seems to be from the port site , the wound feels quite "tight" and i have to stoop slightly to walk then its not too bad, but i think that will get better over the next few days hopefuly.

I am getting a bit fed up with this liquid phase and am fed up with smoothies and soup but only another week to go till i move on to the mash stage. Have lost 8lbs in a week which is good but thats obvioulsy down to the liquid diet!

i am still waiting to get my appointment letter from wga to go back for the xray check up thingy, but was told if it hadnt arrived by the end of the week to contact them , so i will give them a few more days. The care nurse did contact me on tuesday to see if there were any problems/ questions etc, so its nice to know they are there at the end of the phone if we need advice.

All in all i feel a hundred percent better today than i have felt all week so am just glad to have gotten through the first week of what i know will be a long and trying journey

hi pixie, you will soon start to feel well in yourself again soon, the liquid fase is very trying the mush is much better, hope you feel like your old self soon

moe

hi
i cannot believe i have just foung this site... how exciting! i am having my band fitted on monday 20th october, dolan park, dr sig.
i am currently on my milk and yougurt diet. i am looking forward to getting it done. is the 2 weeks after hard?

Hi Cheryl, welcome to Mini's :D There are quite a few ladies on here who have been/are going to Dolan Park, and lots of banders, so you'll find plenty of support.

I'm a bypasser myself, so can't answer your questions on the 2 weeks post op. You might find you get a better response if you start a new thread?

I'm feeling good now, thanks! Lost just over 3 stone since August, the only problem I have had has been eating too quickly and vomitting. I'm getting the hang of it now though!:rolleyes: How have you found things since having yours fitted?

Back