• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mr sigurdsson

julieann

Hi all, i had my band fitted with wga 8 weeks ago, so on tuesday travelled back to dolan park for my final appointment with mr sigurdsson, i dont know why, but i did wonder if it would be a quick in and out and a case of well ive had your money and im not really interested now, but i couldnt have been more wrong, he was brilliant. He weighed me and confirmed that i had lost two stone, checked that my scars had healed and discussed whether i had suffered any problems post op. He also sais that he was pleased with the fact that i even though i was at the lower end of bmi, i have managed to lose 58% of my excess body fat already, which he only expects people to lose in one to two years, so all in all it was a worth while visit and hopefully i wont have to go back to see him anymore. xx

Hi Julieann, Welldone on your weightloss thats brill & good luck to you.

Its great you ACTUALLY got to see him :D,everyone else i know got phone discharges ,
I think that the phone call discharges are down to the wga team and not mr sigurdsson, beacause i rang them and said that i was not willing to be discharged over the phone and whether i had paid 5000 or 7500 should not come into it, we are paying for a service and that is what the service offers- a full discharge with the surgeon. I think that people should be aware of this when they take the package out with wga and the fact that if they are not happy with the service they should speak out because as far as i was concerned i took finance out for my band and i needed to hear from mr sigurdsson himself that the band is in place and that it is working. It would have been easier to have had a telephone discharge because i live two hours away from dolan park, but i also knew that if i had been discharged without seeing him and something went wrong, i probably would have no comeback by just excepting a telephone discharge.

I had my band fitted by Mr Sig also, and like you expected a quick in and out and on your way. But like you, he was thorough and caring and wanted to make sure i was happy with everything before being discharged from his car. He took his time and answered all questions that I asked, I was pleased with him, just not pleased with the Hospital Group.

take care.

MNL

hi mnl, why were you not pleased with the hospital group, did you have problems with them? because i found them to be really thorough.xx

I had my surgery with The Hospital Group, Mr Sig did the surgery,but because I went with the no frills package, I only received the operation, stay one night, xray and discharge appointment. On day of surgery, I was 6th out of 7 or 8 to have the operation that day, I was told I would be done after lunch and got to theatre at 6:40pm:cry:. I was back in my room, just after 8pm and discharged early the next morning (around 7:30), given no instructions on how to look after the wounds, no extra dressings. I made a complaint about the care, and never received a response at all. There were several issues, but the above are just a few, and I would not reccommend them to anyone. I am glad I had the surgery and felt that I had the best surgeon, just felt like the Hospital Group are like car salesmen, once they have your money, they dont want to know your problems.
MNL

sorry to hear about the hospital group. I had mine with surgicare and cant fault them. they have been fantastic, as has mr ammori (my surgeon). I hope your wls journey is successful from here on in. Take care R x

Happy with my results so far. I am down by 3stone 4lbs, down one skirt size and two top sizes. :)

I had my surgery with The Hospital Group, Mr Sig did the surgery,but because I went with the no frills package, I only received the operation, stay one night, xray and discharge appointment. On day of surgery, I was 6th out of 7 or 8 to have the operation that day, I was told I would be done after lunch and got to theatre at 6:40pm:cry:. I was back in my room, just after 8pm and discharged early the next morning (around 7:30), given no instructions on how to look after the wounds, no extra dressings. I made a complaint about the care, and never received a response at all. There were several issues, but the above are just a few, and I would not reccommend them to anyone. I am glad I had the surgery and felt that I had the best surgeon, just felt like the Hospital Group are like car salesmen, once they have your money, they dont want to know your problems.
MNL
I encountered the same problems as you, but just put it down to bad luck, i used their chauffeur service and was picked up from home at 4.30 am as i live 2 hours away only to find when i got there that i was last on his list and would be called for surgery at about 4pm unlucky for me though he then ran late and i was eventually called at 6pm and as i was there on my own you can imagine what state i was in by this time, but in all fairness the nurses and mr sigurdsson himself were very apologetic and reassuring, and even though the chauffeur arrived at 7am the next morning to take me home i wasnt well enough to go then so he waited and i eventually left at about 10am and i could have stayed longer had i wished. xx

hi i have not posted for a while, i had my surgery with mr sig in aug 2008, i lost one stone really quickly but since then i have been hopeless and have lost nothing i feel really embarrassed for posting this, but do you think you could give me a daily run down on just what you eat and whether or not you feel full, i do have restriction but still find i am very hungry.

i have had one fill and am now at 5.5mls maybe i just need another fill i really need to get my finger out as this was money i truely could not afford.

thanks moe

hi i have not posted for a while, i had my surgery with mr sig in aug 2008, i lost one stone really quickly but since then i have been hopeless and have lost nothing i feel really embarrassed for posting this, but do you think you could give me a daily run down on just what you eat and whether or not you feel full, i do have restriction but still find i am very hungry.

i have had one fill and am now at 5.5mls maybe i just need another fill i really need to get my finger out as this was money i truely could not afford.

thanks moe
Hi moe, sorry to hear that you are struggling with the weight loss, its now ten weeks since i had my band and have lost two stone. I had my first band fill three weeks ago but only had half a mil put in as i already had four mil in which mr sigurdsson put in at the time of the op, i do have some restriction but not enough so am relying on willpower at the moment until i have my next fill on the 31st jan. With regards to my daily eating patterns i have porridge in the morning, if i need a snack mid morning i have a low cal cereal bar or fruit, lunch is either crispbreads with low fat cheese spread or salad with prawns or soup and dinner is anything low fat but i have mine on a tea plate so as not to over eat. I am finding that i am getting hungry more quickly now but am trying to not give in. Hope this helps if you have any other questions please ask. julie xx

Back