• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mrs Q's band diary

I was lucky only needed two dose of painkillers after the initial morphine on the day of my op...had a really great recovery. But I took my two doses in banana milk. And took a swig of bailies right after lol. Only a small one :)

Bex it's hard when the hunger kicks in...willpower is the order of the day. But try to keep your portions small. I did not see a dietitian till about 6 weeks after my band. She told me every meal I eat should fit into a muller light yoghurt pot!!! FFS, I had been eating plates of mince and tatties lol. She was horrified lol. But on a serious note, she told me if we eat large portions (bigger than a tea plate) we risk our band slipping. But it is sooooooo hard once the hunger kicks in. I am off for a fill again next week as I can eat anything, nuts, salad, steak, noodles, bread....she said these things should be giving me problems and I defo need a fill.

lol.im literaly dyluting it with minimal water. managed nearly 1L water.100mls of pepermint tea and a few sips of soup. I do feel a bit hungry but dont feel wel enough to eat x

Nope I only saw him when he came to ask my permission, I didn't even see him when I walked into theatre!! I just saw the 2 anaesthetists!
My fill isn't til 17th dec!! Xx

Bex it's hard when the hunger kicks in...willpower is the order of the day. But try to keep your portions small. I did not see a dietitian till about 6 weeks after my band. She told me every meal I eat should fit into a muller light yoghurt pot!!! FFS, I had been eating plates of mince and tatties lol. She was horrified lol. But on a serious note, she told me if we eat large portions (bigger than a tea plate) we risk our band slipping. But it is sooooooo hard once the hunger kicks in. I am off for a fill again next week as I can eat anything, nuts, salad, steak, noodles, bread....she said these things should be giving me problems and I defo need a fill.
A bloody yoghurt pot!! Lol my mash and suede would fit in the yoghurt pot ha!! I just want to be satisfied, not full. I'm eating out if a medium cereal bowl which is better than a tea plate. I'm still trying to stick to liquids through the day even though I'm on soft now. Iv had a shake and yoghurt for breakkie, got half a tin of veg soup for dinner then snack this arvo iv got banana and yoghurt, tea tonight will be a small omelette.
I no longer feel the need to eat like I did before but I still get the food head on which I'm trying to curb!!
I'll upload some of my meals in my diary on here Kirsty and maybe u could advise if I'm on the right track. Thanks for all your advice and hope your all keeping well.
Pleased you're ok jlb, try and have a yoghurt ur soup, Ull need some strength to get better xx

I just managed a yogurt pot size amout of soup. I just feel like someone has stood on my chest. my dads gone to gwt me gripe water and ive had paracetamol. lovely to c my baby but cant pick gim up. camt wait to c my other 2 and hubby after school amd just have some time with hubby. glad ur all doing well. how long were u in pain/unconfortable for? x

Pleased ur ok jlb!! Unfortunately I was in pain with bad wind for 6 days post op. I'm now 14 days post and I still get uncomfortable or a pain if I love too quick or in an awkward position. But all in all day 7 I felt human again xx

Naughty you for 'loving too quick' bex. Lol. :8855:

I was the same had bad wind for about 5/6 days,it does get easier tho jlb x

Had a nice food day a weetabix for brecky,mash n corned beef n gravy for lunch and cottage pie for dinner ,yum x

Haha bex what uv got on yer mind ;-)

Sounds like a nice food day mrs q!!

Iv had a shake and yog for breakfast, soup and angel delight for dinner and in having soft pasta bake for tea, iv got some of that for dinner tomorrow too!
Lol I can assure u nothing funny is is going through my mind!! Xx

Sounds like a nice food day mrs q!!

Iv had a shake and yog for breakfast, soup and angel delight for dinner and in having soft pasta bake for tea, iv got some of that for dinner tomorrow too!
Lol I can assure u nothing funny is is going through my mind!! Xx
What sort of pasta bake is it bex,could do with some more ideas,don't want mash everyday lol xxx

It's just a home pride tomato and herb one with cheese on the top. I added more water than needed so the pasta was really soft. I put some extra light philli in top too for protein. In the pic iv had tea tonight and put some up for tomoro so it shows how much 2 portions is x

Attachments

• image-3504494542.jpg
    image-3504494542.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 30
I cant belueve how sore it is just to get squash down. but on a positive note I can feel the wind moving in my body so hopfuly it will start coming out.lol. x

Looks nice bex x

Had my phone dietitian appointment today,she said she's very impressed so far,and said my weight loss was brilliant,she said 'discard everything it says in the book now as it's out of date' ookayy lol,she's gonna send me some updated info over she said it'll be her I have my fill with,tbh she didn't really give me any advice thank god for this forum lol,maybe they'll be more help when I see them face to face x

I'm pressed with ur diet or how much weight uv lost? I'm not well today so I'm in bed with mash, corned beef and gravy! It's so easy to make and strangely comforting and satisfying lol.
What does she mean ignore the book? Which bit lol xx

She meant the 2-4 week stage and the 4 + week stage

Corned beef n mash n gravy is lush isn't it,I had some cod tonight but it hurt a bit so don't think I'll have it again for a while

Hope ur feeling better soon chick xxx

How are you guys doing??? I can eat anything now! Sort of gutted....but nothing seems out of limits! Not massive portions but definitely more than I expected, I don't have anything in my band yet, so guess that makes a difference. On a positive note...NOT.... Managed to gain 2lbs! Gutted is an understatement. Xx

Hi lovely,I'm good thanks I'm eating about a third still of what I used to eat,I'll weigh in on Monday x
When I spoke to dietitian the other day she said to expect a gain at this stage coz were can eat more x
I'm not really liking this soft stage as it's hard to eat healthily it's always mash n something or curry,I've tried pasta but it hurt a little,ooh and ice cream goes down really easy lol
Are you sticking to the 20/20/20 rule,I find it very hard x

Back