• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lovelyzobo's second go! Revision diary..

lovelyzobo

Well, I thought it was about time I started my own diary, seeing as I often hijack others, and I guess my story is probably a little different than most on here!

So, here I am....Zoe...39 married, 2 kiddiwinkles and I am a Sister in a veerryyyy busy ED department.

Larger than 'normal' for my whole life, and after my dad dying suddenly at home aged 57 of a cardiac arrest (big man too his whole life!), I decided to do something about my weight, so in 2006 I had a gastric bypass, weighing in at 23 stone. I did really well, and got down to 12.5 stone, and things were good (my jeans were a 12!!!! my god I was a happy content bunny.....!)....but after the birth of my son in 2009, I started slowly puting on weight again, I could eat a bit more, started eating a little more crap....I went to my surgeon, had a barium and they thought all was fine and not a lot they could do.

Role on 2014, now at 17.2 stone, desperate and so so sad, gutted I had failed my bypass....so hubby seeing how upset I was (no clothes fitting me, feet hurting...all the usual stuff 'we' put up with), he agreed for me to speak to my old surgeon but this time as a private patient, so an appointment was made, discussion of revision, maybe a fobi ring or a gastric band over my pouch....after a barium (showing a pseudo pouch and an enlarged anastomosis) he told me a band over my bypass would be my best option, so 6 weeks later I had my band 28th October 2014!

So, today I sit typing this after having my second fill, things are very very slow for me, but I am trying not to get despondent or down, the folk on here are amazingly supportive and seem to give me a hug or a slap when I need it most.....

I started this journey on my op day at 17.2 stone, today I am 15.10, so have lost 1st 6lb, not a great deal, but its better to have lost than gained! My band was initially empty first fill of 5mls (4 weeks ago) today I had another 1.5mls. Looking forward for things to start moving a bit more.....although my body has other ideas, came away from fill starving and fancying roast chicken.....old habits...;)

Hi lovely and welcome it sounds like you have had a right little journey! I hope the band over the bypass works and gets you back where you need to be!! Onwards and downwards..

So glad you've started a diary lovely xxx

Don't get down about the slow loss because that's exactly what it is a loss.
Think positive and keep telling yourself that your are going to do it you will be back in those size 12s
I'm sure this fill will help you along xxxx

Bloody hope not MrsQ! I want new ones! :) xx

I've got one of them up ooopsie! Just need the other four to follow! Only joking! Will be positive from now on I promise......writing it makes me feel better as I've gone into three'stoneige' 17,16,15!!!!

Onwards and downwards!!! Bloody starving tho! Soup hasn't filled me up tonight! :) xxxxxx

Mmmmmm mushies today! Everything feels ok so far.....no problem drinking which is good! Was bloody starving yesterday, soup just not doing it for me! Was a strange feeling as I have honestly not felt hungry (and not been able to satisfy myself with food) since I've had my band. X

I was thinking that about the scales! I'm going to try reallllyyyyyyy hard to not weigh now until next Friday, so it's a week after my fill day......figure that's a better way than Monday as only two days after fill!

When's your ooopsie?! We can be the slow and steady tortoise's, but less scaly and green...(well I presume your not green?!) xxx

Sorry, I meant your way day....not your fill! Xxx

Great to see your diary Zobo :) it certainly helps to log everything here and get support along the way.... slow or fast makes no difference really.......it all equals out in the long run :) i was fast to start with and pretty much steady since but work it out over the course of the year.

Your right oopsey, as long as its weight we don't see again, is all that count :) agreed put scales away too...its disheartening to see those ups and downs over the course of a week i can go up +1lb some days and seeing those fluctuations get into your head which creates havoc ........ chose you day, time etc and stick to it.............you will get more success that way........... i do same Oopsey weigh day is Thursday, which allows me some leeway friday and saturday to have a little treat before back on it full pelt on a Sunday :)

Wishing you all the best tho sweetheart xx x x

Thank you crystal......the support on here is just amazing! Lucky that my fills have now moved closer to me to my local Nuffield, which is right opposite Derriford (as you probably know!) so I don't have to travel to Taunton.....and the fill day for Plymouth is a Friday.....so good for me too, will definitely use it as my new weigh in day!

Actually really excited now, as can see my next goal in sight, and properly in sight, not needing binoculars or vari focals.......!!! Only (yes only... :) ) 8lbs until 2 stone.....I can and will do this!

Mucheo loveo to all you fantabulous supporters! Xxxx xxxx

Go girl :) you can do it hunni.... once you get into the swing of the band its a doddle :) The trick is deffo the slow eating once you've got that down its pretty plain sailing x x x all the best look forward to seeing your loss on weigh day ................keep that goal in mind every time something goes in your mouth or when your sitting still lol it helps :) x x x

This is my second fill......first one, didn't really notice any difference....this fill I haven't noticed any difference either yet. I AM being a lot more cautious as I am so scared about getting things stuck etc....does it sort of kick in after a period of time or do you notice it straight away?? Not complaining as my portions aren't huge, and I have no major concerns, just wondered how others felt (know we are all different) just being a baby bander wanted some experienced banders thoughts??

Xxx

Mmmmmmm not sure the bottle of wine I drank last night is going to help! Got an interview on Thursday, I am dreading.....and a friend offered to go through some scenarios with me.....oh dear! I guess today's another day (and a long day at work, it's going to be a long 12 and half hours!

Have a good day folks!

Ouchy ouch ouch ouuuchhyyyyy! Just had a steroid injection in my foot.....second one I've had but still sooooooo painful! Good excuse to sit on my bum and study for my interview tomorrow......!

Have a good Wednesday folks! Xxxx

Back